What's new

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to create my third thread of the day today, but according to the San Diego Union Tribune, SeaWorld San Diego has filed for planning permission to build yet another roller coaster in 2019, just one year after Electric Eel. According to the permit, the ride will stand at 22ft tall and will occupy an area of roughly 1.2 acres. Now that implied kiddie coaster to me initially, and the blueprint certainly implies that at first glance with a simple figure 8 layout. It personally reminded me of an SBF Visa Group kiddie coaster, like Junior Red Force at Ferrari Land:
SeaWorld San Diego 2019 Planning Permit.jpg
However, the stats and layout given to the council apparently match up with the stats and layout given on Skyline Attractions' website for the Skywarp Horizon (http://www.rideentertainment.com/flat-rides/skywarp/ (It's halfway down the page.))

Interesting... we'll have to keep an eye on this one.
P.S. Here's the San Diego Union Tribune link: https://t.co/4fJwekIygY Also, sorry if I'm making too many threads today. It's just that there have been so many exciting rumours come out!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So these Skywarps definitely count as creds, then?

Technically, they're in as grey of a grey area as you can get. They're certainly more of a coaster than a Larson loop, but I don't think they actually coast. In this moment, I'm leaning more towards counting it though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Technically, they're in as grey of a grey area as you can get. They're certainly more of a coaster than a Larson loop, but I don't think they actually coast.
Ah OK. Sorry to keep asking questions, but how come these are on RCDB, yet the super loops and Disk'Os and things aren't?

Lofty

CF Legend
In theory, Disk'O's never leave the source of power/propulsion from the track itself whereas the Skywarp's aren't completely connected like the Larson Loopers are, so there is debate as to whether they're coasters or not, I'm not sure if I would really count them?

Matt N

CF Legend
In theory, Disk'O's never leave the source of power/propulsion from the track itself whereas the Skywarp's aren't completely connected like the Larson Loopers are, so there is debate as to whether they're coasters or not, I'm not sure if I would really count them?
So the reason some people count Skywarps is because they do actually coast. Thanks @Lofty!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And powered coasters?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a thread for this or if this thread is unnecessary, but some of you may know that Busch Gardens Williamsburg filed a 315ft height waiver a year or so ago with the codename "Project Madrid" attached to it. Well, BGWFans has implied that they may have something to reveal about Project Madrid in this tweet:
I'm excited for tonight's reveal by BGWFans, as they were right about Tempesto and they were right about InvadR, so I trust that whatever they show us is what's coming. But my question is; what's it gonna be? As BGWFans is hyping it up so much, and because of the 315ft height waiver, I'm personally going to take a stab in the dark and guess that BGW will be receiving a B&M giga coaster with a Spanish theme, alongside a possible Spain themed area. As for when, I'm personally guessing 2020, as the park is apparently getting an S&S Screamin Swing in Ireland in 2019. But what do you guys reckon? I'm personally staying tuned for BGWFans' reveal tonight; exciting times are ahead at BGW, in my opinion!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
By a glance at their recent additions, BGW doesn't really strike me as being in the financial position to shell out for a Giga. It's not like its parent company, Sea World, doesn't have other parks in more dire need of new rides either. My uninformed vibe goes more along the line of a tower ride, but we shall see. At that height, almot anything would be exciting.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have heard people say about a Star Flyer, but from what BGWFans already has about Project Madrid prior to today, the area that it will occupy looks quite big to me. Part of it looks to occupy the former Drachen Fire plot from what I can see on BGWFans' website. I'll try and find a link in a second...
EDIT: Here you go! A link about everything that BGWFans currently has regarding Project Madrid: https://bgwfans.com/project-madrid/

Last edited: