What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Snoo

The Legend
It uses an overhead view of the park? SOLID PROOF that this is real. As we all know, overhead views of the park are highly secretive and hard to obtain images.

Especially if you want to gain attention and have some background (and access to free applications).. you could never forge one of these. :p

Pear

Strata Poster
It uses an overhead view of the park? SOLID PROOF that this is real. As we all know, overhead views of the park are highly secretive and hard to obtain images.

I know they could very well be fake and no where have I stated that the blueprints are 100% real. They could be real or they could be fake we don't know yet. I just posted it cause I thought it was interesting.

Snoo

The Legend
I know they could very well be fake and no where have I stated that the blueprints are 100% real. They could be real or they could be fake we don't know yet. I just posted it cause I thought it was interesting.

Hey no worries. There is no definitive proof either way. I've seen it swing both ways in leaked cases. It looks VERY interesting if true and stab the guy in the eye who faked it if false. :p

jay37415

Mega Poster
I personally thing the blueprints are legit. Was at the park last weekend and everything I saw seemed to fit with these drawings. Also, I agree with what the video said, the drawing is the top of a stack of papers so there's multiple drawings there, not just one.
1. The footers already placed in the lake match the drawing.
2. The markers beyond the bridge are actually fake ans are there to troll.
3. I did notice markers in the area being cleared that match the location of some footers. speaking of the cleared area, there is no work being done down the ravine or behind the Racer.
4. Although unrelated, I googled the phone number on one of the earth moving equipment and its a local company. What other worktrucks onsite were parked in a way that I could not see any license plates. Specifically was looking for Idaho tags. :(

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm wondering whether it will be S&S or whether it will be a different manufacturer; maybe Gerstlauer or Intamin are in the running?

Matt N

CF Legend
How common is it to have a ride designer/manufacturer there in person at the announcement of a new ride?
I'm not too sure, but I'd guess it's quite common. They often seem to be there at other big American parks' announcements.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So pre-announcement ideas... what exactly do we think it will be, and what elements do we think it will have?

I personally think it will be an Intamin triple launch, with the layout on the plans we have seen, featuring a dive loop, heartline roll, corkscrew, and more inversions.

Matt N

CF Legend
So pre-announcement ideas... what exactly do we think it will be, and what elements do we think it will have?

I personally think it will be an Intamin triple launch, with the layout on the plans we have seen, featuring a dive loop, heartline roll, corkscrew, and more inversions.
I agree about it being a triple launch, but I'm not sure on a manufacturer or elements, personally.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Word on the street is that it’s an S&S. I don’t really have a source except for one of my ride op friends at CP who is very in-the-know in these sorts of things so I believe him.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I’ve heard everything from S&S to Intamin to Vekoma and at this point, I’ve given up. This is the first time I’ve ever not known what the attraction is before the announcement. Apparently a user on reddit who spoke with a project manager confirmed that 220 is the height, but as with any vague information you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is one of those rides that'll be really exciting to watch at the launch. Not knowing anything really about a project is so exciting in the days of being able to see leaks and basically know what it is when the launch happens.