What's new

Eurosat 2.0 - Refurbishment - Europa Park

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Reports are coming out of the Fan Event ,via epfans.ch, taking place in the Globe Theatre today, that Eurosat is set for a complete refurbishment for 2018. This may include changes to the layout, full track replacement and an all-new Eurosat experience. This would suggest that Eurosat will be closed for winter 2017/18. We'll post more as we receive further updates!

From the EuropaStreet Facebook page.

EDIT: EuropaStreet have since posted that EuroSat will be presented in 2018 as a new coaster, seemingly confirming a new layout.

Michael Mack has confirmed this, tweeting:

Last edited:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It will close for the winter season. From what I read it will get two stations: A normal station and a VR station. That could tackle the capacity problem. I don't like VR but if they do it is like that it doesn't affect me. Just so hyped for the renovation, Eurosat had so much unused potential.

Smithy

Strata Poster
They've already got two Vr coasters, there's really no need for a third. Especially one that takes place inside anyway.

All for a re-track/re-build though, **** me my back's started hurting just at the thought of it

Ireeb

Mega Poster
They've already got two Vr coasters, there's really no need for a third. Especially one that takes place inside anyway.

All for a re-track/re-build though, :emoji_zipper_mouth: me my back's started hurting just at the thought of it
Wrong, they only have one. VR was removed from Pegasus. Since they supposedly going to make it dual-load, with one normal and one VR station the capacity should be good. So we can just ignore the VR part.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I really liked Eurosat so this great news! It is nice to see classic coasters getting some love. The VR will be interesting.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Europa-Park tweeted the following:
"Exciting Announcement. [...] Eurosat is being refurbished for 2018 with new tracks and slightly adjusted layout."
I find the "slightly adjusted" interesting. Are they just rebuilding the layout in smooth or will they change more? There are some mean changes of direction that can surprise you due to the darkness. Heard so many people that they hurt their neck because of them. I hope it gets a completely new layout that is just similar to the old one.

Smithy

Strata Poster
VR on Pegasus was probably the best I'd done, bit of a shame that. Loading system worked better than it did on the other one too.

Ah well.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
VR on Pegasus was probably the best I'd done, bit of a shame that. Loading system worked better than it did on the other one too.

Ah well.
I still didn't like it. Even if the VR is good, it still makes the ride worse for me. Everything felt "muffled" more like a motion simulator, and the ride felt shorter as well.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Indoor Coaster - Check
Ok ride experience - Check
Due refurb - Check

I approve of this VR installation more than any other so far.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
at least 90% of the coaster will be replaced, and the layout will be changed at some points. I would say yes, because it is more than just a retrack, it won't be completely identical to the original layout and probably be a pretty different experience.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
This is exciting news - maybe they'll but aircon in there too lol - i remember it being very hot on the lift-hill! The theming in the queue was somewhat 'charming' - I remember the model space station made out of an old projector - Love it! but an update would be great!

I also heard that Euromir will be up next for a retracking - which will be great as it was quite rough - if they can make it more like Dwirvalwind - that would be brilliant!

I really like that Europa are concentrating on re-furbs, I feel its the right direction for them to go down atm.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Because someone is about to...

Is it a new cred?

I'd count it on my separate list of dubious creds. To avoid potential conflict, keep such a list and express your coaster count as a range instead of a number. Too bad it completely ruins the concept of milestones, though.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
This is exciting news - maybe they'll but aircon in there too lol - i remember it being very hot on the lift-hill! The theming in the queue was somewhat 'charming' - I remember the model space station made out of an old projector - Love it! but an update would be great!

I also heard that Euromir will be up next for a retracking - which will be great as it was quite rough - if they can make it more like Dwirvalwind - that would be brilliant!

I really like that Europa are concentrating on re-furbs, I feel its the right direction for them to go down atm.
You're right, on hot days it can heat up. I also heard that sometimes it rains into the sphere. It would be weird if they would refurbish the coaster but don't renovate the building - it's aging too. Since they are going to make 2 stations, I think it's likely they're doing it from scratch.
Also heard about Euromir, but there is no info how much they want to do with that one. I would also like a completely free spinning coaster more, but I don't know how well it would work for the current layout because it wasn't designed with free spinning in their mind. They already have quite many coasters for European standards, so it makes sense to make sure all of them are good by taking care of the older ones instead of just slamming more and more coasters into the park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, seems so. I was expecting something a bit more drastic, but I suppose there's only so much you can do!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It's actually more change than I expected because Mr. Mack stressed several times that the layout won't be changed, only small improvements and of course the new tracks. I expected that they'd just improve a few transitions. I am curious how these small bumps will feel and if you can actually notice them. There is also one after the big curve after the first drop that hasn't been there before, but it's really small. A small bit of airtime would fit the space theme very well though. I am still hyped for the new Eurosat and curious if the tracks will actually look like that. It looks so different to Mack's other track types, I expected something like Pegasus (YoungStar Coaster) Tracks.