What's new

Rides you wish had never been taken down.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I read an article by the Cincinnati Enquire about rides they wished had never left Kings Island. There's a few rides I wish had never left. King Cobra sounded like an amazing ride. So did Screamin' Demon and a few others.

Enough about me, though. Name a few coasters you wish had never left a certain park.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I can assure you, having ridden four other Arrow shuttle loops.....There is nothing amazing about Screamin' Demon. Unless you find something amazing about climbing 4 flights of stairs

For things I've done that are gone.... I wish that Ozark Wildcat and Celebration City as a whole had never closed. All the park wasn't spectacular....but it was a nice way to end the day after spending the morning/afternoon at Silver Dollar City. And Ozark Wildcat was a pretty awesome ride. I also miss Flyer Comet and the rest of Whalom Park.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I can assure you, having ridden four other Arrow shuttle loops.....There is nothing amazing about Screamin' Demon. Unless you find something amazing about climbing 4 flights of stairs

For things I've done that are gone.... I wish that Ozark Wildcat and Celebration City as a whole had never closed. All the park wasn't spectacular....but it was a nice way to end the day after spending the morning/afternoon at Silver Dollar City. And Ozark Wildcat was a pretty awesome ride. I also miss Flyer Comet and the rest of Whalom Park.
I didn't know Screamin' Demon was Arrow. I take back what I said about it then.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
Steel Phantom from Kennywood. While it wasn't fully taken down, I do wish they had never gone through with the reforming of the ride to Phantoms Revenge. Revenge is fun, but to me it doesnt hold a candle to the ride that Steel Phantom was.

God I miss that beast.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The entirety of Boblo Amusement Park. I was one when the park shut so I never got the creds and it was literally a 5 minute drive from where I live :'( Geauga Lake was a fab park that I wish never went... It was sad watching Big Dipper rot.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Steel Phantom is what came to mind, but I think it's probably for the best that it went down. My fondness for it has to do with riding it when I was a kid and had family in Pittsburgh. Having ridden old Arrows in the past few years and thinking they were rough and unpleasant, I can't imagine thinking any different about the Phantom.

The ride was SO ahead of its time, though. There still isn't a looping coaster with a taller drop or higher speed (I've seen 85 listed before they trimmed it).

I'll go with the Led Zeppelin coaster. Even if it's operating in Vietnam, I'm much more likely to go to Myrtle Beach.

Crystal Beach Cyclone would be interesting, too.