What's new

Best Ride Interaction Moment?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Lets keep this as moments you've actually experienced and not just ones that 'look good on YouTube videos'. So, what is the best ride interaction moment you've experienced?

This could be between 2 trains of the same ride, such as the high-five elements on Twisted Colossus, Grand National etc. It could be between 2 individual rides than weave together like Chiapas & Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand, or perhaps even just a great moment that interacts with a busy area of the park to get the guests pumped.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think the obvious one would be Taron but I also really like how Colossus (and to a lesser extent Kumba) winds its way round paths, bridges, tunnels and vegetation. With Colossus, there is a lot of places to watch the ride as you are encouraged to walk right through the ride area. I hope I've not misunderstood the question.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
A rather funny interaction is found in "Piraten in Batavia", Europa-Park. Towards the end of this boat ride you will find yourself in a restaurant. The ride goes through the restaurant between the show stage and the dining area.

jayjay

Giga Poster
A rather funny interaction is found in "Piraten in Batavia", Europa-Park. Towards the end of this boat ride you will find yourself in a restaurant. The ride goes through the restaurant between the show stage and the dining area.
Not been, but I can imagine Europa pulls it off. Does it work? Similarly, there used to be a room in Blackpool where you had a chicken restaurant, the blue caverns from the river caves, and the Gold Mine overhead. Madness.

or perhaps even just a great moment that interacts with a busy area of the park to get the guests pumped.
Somebody's got to mention the Nemesis queue. You get all sorts of views all around the ride, then you drop down to stand next to the loop to be blown back by the wind off the train (not that kind of wind).

IG9887

Roller Poster
As far as Ive experienced, Id say at Hersheypark with two nice ones: 1) The close and tight interactions with the other train on LR and 2) Comet and Skyrush going up their respective lifts at the same time in such a manner that both go up and drop at the same time

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Not been, but I can imagine Europa pulls it off. Does it work? Similarly, there used to be a room in Blackpool where you had a chicken restaurant, the blue caverns from the river caves, and the Gold Mine overhead. Madness.
To be honest, I find it a bit awkward at EP. The ride itself is a pirate-themed darkride. Then you leave the dark area and the first thing you see are eating people slightly above you. It is a curve to the right, outside the curve is where the people eat and inside the curve is the stage on which shows with acrobatics and contortionists are performed (which fits a bit better, but takes a bit until you can see it.)
It would be better if they did it in a way that you don't get sight contact with the eating people and only see the stage.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Alton's mine train and rapids spring to mind if you're on them when they're both in the tunnel.

Lightning Racer is probably the best example I've done of dueling coasters.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Always used to enjoy the BPB Monorail for the way it weaved in and around several other rides, occasionally racing the steam train below the Big One.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Going to say Construction 2018 at PPB now in case I forget about this topic come next Spring!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Ravine Flyer II bridge is what always makes it a favorite.

RavineFlyerII-11.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
SpeedMonster's signature element, the Norwegian Loop, is a great interaction moment. You have to pass below it or through it to get into TusenFryd, and if you take the usual route up the entrance escalators, a train will most likely pass both above and below you as you go up.
Speed_Monster-9.jpg

It also makes a very strong visual impact upon entering the park. One of the best ones out there, in my not-so-humble opinion. Of course, Helix at Liseberg has, what, twenty such moments of interaction, but none that are quite so striking as SpeedMonster's.

Edward M

Strata Poster
For 2 coasters, there was a certain coolness to Dueling Dragons, although the coasters don't really work without the dueling gimmick.

However, my favorite will always be Hulk at the same park. The way it weaves above and then under the sidewalk with that massive Cobra Roll looming above just gets me excited for the day ahead, not even just for the ride.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I just remembered a rather cool interaction between guests and a coaster at Tripsdrill. The path that goes along Karacho's area branches of into a just about 3 meters long path that allows you to walk into the diveloop before the tunnel. Since it is a tight loop, you are very close to the ride. You see it coming from the right, then it turns upside down over your head and then drops into the tunnel left to you. I really love standing there and just watching the ride passing by around me.
There is also a gate in the fence around this path, but I think they intentionally made it so that also guests can stand into the diveloop.
I found a video taken from that spot, the shots are not zoomed or something. It starts around 2:52. The tracks are really close but just outside your reach.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm gonna say Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, too. I love it's positioning between the buildings (and through one).

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I've always liked Vampires little section that goes over Transylvania around the bubbleworks area. I also really like Dragons Fury's interaction with the land of the dragons adventure course type thing.

My personal favorite however is the general interaction of the rides on the hill at Liseberg. The log flume, Lisebergbanan, Helix, Aerospin, Uppswinget and Atmosfear all intertwine perfectly resulting is photo opportunities like this...
4A353845-4CB0-4A8F-8A4B-5185BF526318_zpsdqvigkqr.jpg

The Flume, Helix and Lisebergbanan with trains / boats all together.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I love the headchopper moment you can get from Uppswinget while riding Helix if you have good timing!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
+1 for Liseberg, particularly when you're on Helix or Lisbergbanan and their trains race along side each other.
Something about the rides being so different makes it a lot more interesting than your average racing/duelling coasters.

Sythe

Mega Poster
I've always liked the way Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America weaves around supports and track the whole time. It's really cool.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk