What's new

IMG Worlds of Legends : Another park announced for UAE

davidm

Strata Poster
Lots of press today announcing this it seems;
to-post.jpg

Near to the new IMG park, retractable roof (!!)

http://www.thenational.ae/business/...dubais-theme-park-footprint-continues-to-grow
http://whatson.ae/dubai/2016/12/img-worlds-legends/
http://www.zawya.com/mena/en/story/...rk_IMG_Worlds_of_Legends-ZAWYA20161206073714/

Proper press release on here ; http://www.imgworlds.com/en/media-center/

Hmm, we'll see then...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm having a hard time working out which bits of that are indoors, and which bits are just behind huge walls. It better be indoors, it'd be so gross outside...

Will be interesting to see how this goes, and when it actually opens. I don't see a projected opening date in the press release on their website, but it does seem imply before 2020.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm having a hard time working out which bits of that are indoors, and which bits are just behind huge walls. It better be indoors, it'd be so gross outside...
I think that's just the concept art to show you what's inside to be fair - I'm taking a guess that anything behind the 'walls' will be indoors, that's what most concept art shows in this case.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think that's just the concept art to show you what's inside to be fair - I'm taking a guess that anything behind the 'walls' will be indoors, that's what most concept art shows in this case.
Which is what I thought at first, but I don't see many walls on the other side - if that makes sense? I know it's only concept art, but I'm a sucker for accuracy. :p If they're putting this whole thing under cover it's going to be one hell of a building! The one they have now is already reasonably impressive!

S

SimonSays99

Seen a documentary lately on a German PBS station about the UAE and its self-prolcaimed way to become a kind of "Las Vegas - but family friendly without crime, tits and booze" mostly wanting to invest into theme parks, water parks, skiing domes, etc. to make itself THE premium tourist destination for a time after organic oil. They said their major competitors are Orlando / Florida, LA / California and Las Vegas areas. Their target audience starts at around $300 per day / per person - including hotel, dining and entry fees, car rental.

Well looks they are on a good way :)

Like the idea of a retractable roof as temps get rather nice in the winter months. Honestly would never have the idea of visiting the UAE between May and September - way to hot for me...

spicy

Giga Poster
I really believe if they truly want to compete with Orlando/Califonia they are going to have a hard time doing it without a huge name like Disney or Universal building a park to truly appeal to the European and American markets.

The original Dubailand plans with a Universal and Six Flags were going to have a much wider appeal to those than these IMG parks ever will.

Still looks good and I'm excited to see how it turns out with the retractable roof.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Its not massively clear from the announcement. But its an expansion to the current park. The curved building at the back of that concept art is the current building and the pink ride at the back left is the Mack Blue Fire clone Velociraptor.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ Yeah I'd spotted that ; but they are not pitching it as an expansion but as a second gate;

Their Press Release said:
IMG Worlds of Legends will connect to IMG Worlds of Adventure via a state-of-the-art sky bridge, which will double as a gateway to the park. There will also be a pedestrian walkway, allowing easy transit between the two parks. Guests will be able to purchase tickets to each park separately or choose a multiple park pass for the ultimate day out for families and friends.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Cy-esPDW8AIR0b5.jpg

Ok so Velociraptor will be surrounded by new buildings? And which areas have been completed? I know IMG worlds of adv and Lost Valley have. Also I know there is a fab Powerpuff Girls air race so CN is probably done.
1027588-new-details-unveiled-cartoon-network-theme-park-dubai.jpg
What about Legends of Arabia?
I am p r a y i n g there is a Ken Meet & Greet in the Mattel section. The Pokemon section excites me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok so Velociraptor will be surrounded by new buildings? And which areas have been completed? I know IMG worlds of adv and Lost Valley have. Also I know there is a fab Powerpuff Girls air race so CN is probably done.
The Powerpuff Girls ride is in the CN area inside the existing building (everything in grey in that image you posted). I suspect the area in pink there will be a new expansion. This image below shows how the park (again, everything in grey above) is laid out inside:
slide2.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So the Lost Valley is getting a huge extension? Am I looking at this right? Because there is both a section in WoA, and looks to be another one in WoL?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So the Lost Valley is getting a huge extension? Am I looking at this right? Because there is both a section in WoA, and looks to be another one in WoL?
Correct, it's getting a huge expansion. Everything that is currently open at IMG is contained inside the building shown in grey (with the "IMG Worlds of Adventure" text on it) in the image Pink Panther posted. Everything else coloured in in that image will be new.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Oh my god! I can't believe how big this park is going to be! The park is already massive, this all sounds so exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
This looks amazing! I'm super excited to see a park that's already huge expand even more. By the looks of it, two rides go outside, one by the Mattel area, another by the Ubisoft area. My guess is that the Mattel one is a Hot Wheels dark ride like Test Track(I'm sure everyone knew that though), and the Ubisoft one is a B&M Dive Coaster(as indicated by the concept art) called Leap of Faith, and theming it to Assassin's Creed.

Again, super excited.

Lofty

CF Legend
This looks amazing! I'm super excited to see a park that's already huge expand even more. By the looks of it, two rides go outside, one by the Mattel area, another by the Ubisoft area. My guess is that the Mattel one is a Hot Wheels dark ride like Test Track(I'm sure everyone knew that though), and the Ubisoft one is a B&M Dive Coaster(as indicated by the concept art) called Leap of Faith, and theming it to Assassin's Creed.

Again, super excited.
They're stupidly specific guesses? ;)