What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
ATI said:
According to RCDB, Energylandia have announced on their Facebook page that they will be getting some form of Vekoma roller coaster next year. Considering they are investing on a hotel, I'm not sure what kind of Vekoma this will be. Maybe similar to Lech Coaster? Not much is known at this point besides the manufacturer, however it has been confirmed.

OK so I was kinda correct about lech coaster - ish

TilenB

Strata Poster
ATI said:
ATI said:
According to RCDB, Energylandia have announced on their Facebook page that they will be getting some form of Vekoma roller coaster next year. Considering they are investing on a hotel, I'm not sure what kind of Vekoma this will be. Maybe similar to Lech Coaster? Not much is known at this point besides the manufacturer, however it has been confirmed.

The only thing in which a Family Boomerang is similar to Lech is that they are both made by Vekoma...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
TilenB said:
ATI said:
ATI said:

The only thing in which a Family Boomerang is similar to Lech is that they are both made by Vekoma...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

I'm on about the 2018 Mega Coaster...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Vekoma just posted this, very interesting.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/vekoma.rides.manufacturing/photos/a.1640413859578195.1073741845.1640369409582640/1836785496607696/?type=3&theater[/facebookpost]

Not too happy at the name though.

Dave

CF Legend
DelPiero said:
Vekoma just posted this, very interesting.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/vekoma.rides.manufacturing/photos/a.1640413859578195.1073741845.1640369409582640/1836785496607696/?type=3&theater[/facebookpost]

Not too happy at the name though.

That layout looks so much fun! I know it's been posted before, but wanted to re-iterate.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Lofty said:
Cost? When you want a new car to get you from A to B, you don't automatically think of buying a Ferrari or Rolls Royce - this is the same idea.

Why buy one of the more expensive coaster on the market when you can buy a product from another manufacturer and get more for your money?

Mack could also have built it...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
ATI said:
Please will someone move this to the roller coaster construction section?
When actual construction begins then these topics get moved, they haven't even decided on the layout yet so it's still news.

Lofty

CF Legend
ATI said:
Lofty said:
Cost? When you want a new car to get you from A to B, you don't automatically think of buying a Ferrari or Rolls Royce - this is the same idea.

Why buy one of the more expensive coaster on the market when you can buy a product from another manufacturer and get more for your money?

Mack could also have built it...
Mack are also expensive - I don't get your point of 'XXX could have built it', you could literally name every coaster manufacturer under the sun, but if their products don't match the park's budget nor desires, they won't bother.

When it comes to this park in particular, the two big manufacturers of rides are Intamin and Vekoma. Intamin are building two new water rides (potentially their rapids, too, so maybe 3), next year, and Vekoma have produced all the other main coasters, so it's obvious they'd choose these two manufacturers to pitch to them.

JKM

Mega Poster
Today Energylandia broke the number of 1 000 000 visitors. So next step i to be in top 20 of europeans parks ranking with about 1,5 mln guests. And they want to do it in next year...

peep

CF Legend
Well, they've achieved that pretty quickly considering they only opened in 2014. I imagine they're still a few years out from hitting the 1.5m a year figure.

Their expansion plans are ambitious though and maybe with the right marketing they could?

JKM

Mega Poster
Today EL have announced that 2018' Mega Coaster should be about 80 meters high and break the record for highest Mega Coaster in Europe.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I might be misunderstanding something, but if it's 80 metres tall, isn't that a hyper coaster and not a mega?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ethan said:
I might be misunderstanding something, but if it's 80 metres tall, isn't that a hyper coaster and not a mega?

It is a hyper, but they are calling it a mega for some reason. If it is going to be 80m tall, it will be the tallest hyper coaster in the world, just out-doing Shambhala!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
ATI said:
Ethan said:

It is a hyper, but they are calling it a mega for some reason. If it is going to be 80m tall, it will be the tallest hyper coaster in the world, just out-doing Shambhala!

Otherwise known as tying with Thunder Dolphin and just out-doing Fujiyama. You need to look beyond the B&Ms. :p

Looking up the records, I noticed something rather strange. RCDB lists 13 coasters between 70 and 79.9 metres tall, and 5 between 90 and 99.9, but Thunder Dolphin is the only 80-something-metres tall coaster in the world. This coaster could potentially set a very contrived record if they make it between 81 and 90 meters - it would be the world's first in that size bracket.

Likewise, all the 5 coasters that have pushed the 100 meter mark went on to pass the 110 meter mark as well.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the term 'Mega Coaster' being used by them doesn't mean the technical classification that it does to us as it does to them. The majority of their main clientele wouldn't have a clue what a 'hyper coaster' would be, so by labelling it a 'mega coaster', it makes it sound huge and a massive investment. Split the words up, 'mega' and 'coaster' says what this is, a large coaster - that's all they need their clientele to know.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to Energylandia Facebook, it will be announced tomorrow at 7pm (Poland, 6pm UK, 1pm FL USA) which Mega coaster they are choosing - the Intamin or the Vekoma!

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^The US has 4 timezones. Based on the 1pm statistic you chose, that's Eastern Standard Time. 12 PM CST, 11 AM MST, and 10 AM PST.

Nevertheless, I'm really excited to see who they'll choose.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^The US has 4 timezones. Based on the 1pm statistic you chose, that's Eastern Standard Time. 12 PM CST, 11 AM MST, and 10 AM PST.

Nevertheless, I'm really excited to see who they'll choose.

I'm basing it off Florida...

Who will the manufacturer be though? Chances are Energylandia already know who the manufacturer will be. Based on the amounts of comments and likes on Facebook, it looks like Intamin is ahead...