What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

davidm

Strata Poster
Meh, marketing.

They all sat around in a room and brainstormed what they could "market" around Exodus and decided "nothing". So came up with something they could write adverts around and here we are.

(assuming that's accurate of course! ;) )

Fiender

Roller Poster
Exodus was a better name, but... how do you market that? It means "a bunch of people leaving a place", when the ride's purpose is to do the opposite (attract people to the park) :p

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually don't mind the rumoured name 👀
I did quite like Exodus too and probably would have preferred it but 'The Intimidator' sounds quite fitting considering it'll be the tallest in the country.

I must admit, I'll be quite surprised if it doesn't end up having a theme. Thorpe's last two coasters (Swarm and Saw) were both pretty well themed in my opinion and pretty much all the latest Merlin coasters have been focused on their theming (Wicker Man, Mandrill Mayhem, etc.). I suppose with the budget they have, they'll have either wanted to spend the money on a 200ft+ coaster and beat some records, or a mediocre coaster with theming. I believe the former would be the best for marketing especially!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Two things:

1. Everyone does know that Project Exodus is the...project name, right? Exodus was never the name. Just a codename. The park have obviously been open with that working project name, but it seems to have stuck a bit. Was always worried we'd get a Stealth situation with it.

2. Since when do we believe anonymous sources on Facebook?

jasone

Roller Poster
Honestly it sounds s***. And probably not true.

If the project name is better than the real name we have a big problem. I know it was just a Codename and never the real name, but damn I could imagine some great marketing concepts for Exodus. People leaving their body all at once. Imagining something like the old Oblivion adverts, that used to get me so excited as a kid. Intimidator… pffft.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Remember this is the country that named the current tallest coaster "The Big One"..... We're not exactly imaginative with names...

While it will bring enthusiasts comparing it to the American Intimidators, the name isn't too bad and will be popular with the majority of visitors.