What's new

Furuviksparken | Lightning | Vekoma Family Coaster | 2023

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Edit; Or at least, the unit sitting in the yard is going to Saudi Arabia. They're currently producing a second one of these and it could be headed anywhere for all we know.
Please NO!!
Do you really think a redesign of a 14 year old ride, will give Furuvik the quality the are looking for?
This is the first larger coaster Sartori have build in 14 years time and only the second new coaster they've build in the last 13 years.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks like they are getting some sort of launched Vekoma roller skater:-

Screenshot_20220630-131235_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-131710.png

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Well, that's what you would expect from a park like Furuvik. Was hoping for the space warp but nope.

At least now we know that P&R still have a working relationship with Vekoma. Please put a RMC Raptor at either Kolmården, Gröna Lund or Skara. Or just give all those parks a raptor each. Kolmården could get the extended raptor like Jersey Devil, Skara could get an original prototype and Gröna Lund could get a custom one to fit in on the limited plot. That would be a dream. Cant have too many raptors ;)

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Isn't that a little redundant as they already have a Junior Boomerang?
They're very different experiences in my books. This is a step up in terms of thrill too, albeit not hugely.

How boring is that...
I'd say it's more exciting-looking than any standard Vekoma Rollerskater, of which this seems to be a version of. Yeah it's not going to set the world alight, but in terms of excitement, I think it's pretty bang on the money for what it's trying to achieve.

cookie

Giga Poster
If it’s anything like the Vekoma at Tibidabo it should still be fairly intense in some spots. Looks like it’s going to be using quite a bit of the terrain as well.

rctneil

Roller Poster
Is there an update on the construction of this? Anyone know when the park opens as the website has not been updated. Considering visiting on the 5th June but only likely to head there if this is open by then.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Furuviksparken is currently laying quite low with their PR. In December their chimpanzees escaped, 4 were killed and the rest were injured with gun wounds. If I understood it correctly the escaped chimpanzees killed an endangered turtle, a couple of spiders and some fish. The chimpanzees were shot dead due to there not being enough medicine to sedate them.

The park was on lock down for 2 days with only specially armed employees being allowed in, since the chimpanzees roamed freely. Sounds almost like a real life Planet of the Apes.

This has caused a huge debate in Sweden about the need for zoos. Some prominent journalists also argue against zoos having roller coasters as it focuses the operation on entertainment instead of conservation. Therefore, we will probably hear both Furuviksparken and Kolmården laying low for a while. A couple years ago, Kolmården also had an accident where their "domesticated" wolfs killed a keeper. These accidents combined has left some Swedes with a bad taste for zoos.

Personally, I am not against zoos but I am against killing these monkeys instead of capturing them. That is incredibly stupid and a massive waste.

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
In December their chimpanzees escaped, 4 were killed and the rest were injured with gun wounds. If I understood it correctly the escaped chimpanzees killed an endangered turtle, a couple of spiders and some fish. The chimpanzees were shot dead due to there not being enough medicine to sedate them.

The park was on lock down for 2 days with only specially armed employees being allowed in, since the chimpanzees roamed freely. Sounds almost like a real life Planet of the Apes.
I am going to hell for chuckling at this.