CF Speed Build Competition | Round 5 | Entries | FINAL ROUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round5.jpg

It's final round time.
And it's all to play for!

This round you should build an RMC Hybrid Coaster. The only constraints being that you should use Ibox track! Use whatever supports you like, whatever propulsion, and build it as big or small as you want to, with whatever combination of elements you like. Theme it, don't theme it. LET YOUR CREATIVITY RUN WILD for the final round.

We're going to have longer to build this one too, so you can really try out some new ideas, or use the extra time to make your coaster look better.

Please use this thread to submit your entries before midnight (GMT) on Friday the 17th June.

Screen grab a video containing off ride footage as well as a POV, then upload it to youtube and share it here.

I will then create a voting thread shortly after the time to submit your entry has passed.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have my entry ready! Say hello to Renegade, an RMC IBox Track:
Renegade.png

Renegade very much draws inspiration from the hyper hybrid RMCs (Steel Vengeance, Zadra, Iron Gwazi... well, mainly SteVe, but bits of the other two are employed as well)... I hope I've done them justice!

In terms of stats, the ride is as follows:
  • Height: 207ft/63m
  • Speed: 76mph/122kph
  • Length: 5,397ft/1,645m
  • Inversions: 6
  • Airtime Moments: 17 (8.2s of airtime)
  • Drop Angle: 92 degrees
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.6G (overall), 4.8G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall), -1.6G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,440pph
Here's the Steam Workshop link, if you're interested in having a play around with Renegade for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2814897360

So, that's Renegade! I really hope you all like it!

James F

Hyper Poster
Almost completed my entry. I have having issues with my Nvidia recordings again. It's not the autosave, it's not my GPU and I apparently have the latest version of the NVidia driver so what gives? anyway here are some pictures of what I have been working on.
20220605180539_1.jpg20220605180634_1.jpg

20220605180701_1.jpg20220605180723_1.jpg

20220605180756_1.jpg

James F

Hyper Poster
After an hour or so of fiddling about with downloading a new driver and lowering my graphics for recording I have have no luck, so instead of throwing my PC out of the window I decided to just record more and edit around it. It mostly worked well, although there is one or two minor glitches but it's far less problematic than my last entry. Anyway here is my entry.

Name: Thecoasterrus'One
Height: 148ft
Max Speed: 71mph
Length: 5375ft
Inversions: 6
Airtime Moments: 16

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Was attempting attempting to build an RMC take on an alpine coaster, minus the baking tray seat. I've roughly stuck to that original plan and here's what the end result is...

Name: Landslide
Length: 8470ft
Max speed: 92mph
Height: 350ft
Biggest Drop: 269ft

Screenshot-20220615-182905-Xbox.jpg

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Name: Mountain Lion

Model: RMC Hybrid

Platform: NoLimits 2

Mainly inspired by Hakugei, Iron Gwazi and Twisted Timbers. My goal was to design a large-scale, relentless ride embracing off-axis ejector airtime, speed and tolerable amounts of lateral Gs - in short, the essence of the best RMC layouts.

Statistics:
Max Height: 187ft / 57m
Max Speed: 73mph / 117kmh
Length: 5184ft / 1580m
Inversions: 3 (Zero-G Stall, Barrel Roll Downdrop, 450 Degree Roll)
Airtime Moments: 20

Max Vertical Gs: -1.5 / +3.6
Max Lateral Gs: 1.0

Mountain Lion off-ride screenshots:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Enjoy!

Niles

Giga Poster
My coaster is Wathe: Sköll V Hati

It's an RMC quasi mobius coaster. It would be the world's longest coaster, this coaster has some of my favourite elements from RMC and has loads of interactions for the dueling trains:

Stats:

Height: 167ft
Length: 9488ft
Speed: 68mph
Inversions:7
Airtime Moments: 42
Max Positive G: 4.5
Min Positive G: 1.6

IMG_20220617_002853.jpg
IMG_20220617_002832.jpg
IMG_20220617_002811.jpg
IMG_20220617_002753.jpg

The coaster is themed to the Nordic wolf's who chase the sun and the moon having a race.

Oddly while time is sped up the trains will always duel, I have it set to leave the station at the same time but when it comes to normal speed & filming it seems to send the train out at slightly different times. I cannot work out how to change this so sorry they don't duel great in the vid, anyway I hope you enjoy my coaster ☺️

Last edited:

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
Here is my entry, named Coppertrack which was made in NL2.

Stats:
Height: 105ft
Length: 2547ft
Max Speed: 51.8 mph
Inversions: 2
Max G-Force: 3.6g (Front Row, First Drop)
Min - G-Force: -1.2 (Back row, First Drop)

Note: As this is not the professional version of NL2 the video is not intended to make any money.

Skyye

Mega Poster
My coaster is Wathe: Sköll V Hati

It's an RMC quasi mobius coaster. It would be the world's longest coaster, this coaster has some of my favourite elements from RMC and has loads of interactions for the dueling trains:

Stats:

Height: 9488ft
Length: 167ft
Speed: 68mph
Inversions:7
Airtime Moments: 42
Max Positive G: 4.5
Min Positive G: 1.6

View attachment 18186
View attachment 18187
View attachment 18188
View attachment 18189

The coaster is themed to the Nordic wolf's who chase the sun and the moon having a race.

Oddly while time is sped up the trains will always duel, I have it set to leave the station at the same time but when it comes to normal speed & filming it seems to send the train out at slightly different times. I cannot work out how to change this so sorry they don't duel great in the vid, anyway I hope you enjoy my coaster
I think you have the height and length stats switched?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.