What's new

"Pigs Might Fly" - Paultons Park, 21st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Strata Poster
Now looking very likely I have a travelling companion.

@Nicky Borrill has already 'sort of' met her - and she was very appreciative of that umbrella you left in my car the other week...

Needless to say, play nicely :p My dear mother is very fond of giving me 'your work colleagues are NOT your friends, Will' lectures, but looking at the group we've got, she'll fit in fine and get a suitably warm CF welcome :)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
All paid and feeling Perky… Thanks for organising Ian.

@Will I’d rather naively assumed we’d be car pooling. But since you’re bringing your new (definitely not a friend) colleague and aren’t planning to make the ERT, I’ll probably travel down Friday and stay local.

Cara was NOT impressed that there was only one umbrella in my car on Tuesday. TBF I offered to share, but as I was in a Tee and she in a winter ‘big coat.’ She kindly let me have it… The umbrella that is.🙈😂

Will

Strata Poster
@Will I’d rather naively assumed we’d be car pooling. But since you’re bringing your new (definitely not a friend) colleague and aren’t planning to make the ERT, I’ll probably travel down Friday and stay local.
Might have been a plan, but we're going home via Milton Keynes to see My Chemical Romance, which is the real reason I have the pleasure of Hayley's company. Needless to say, I'm highly amused that she thinks my driving is less scary than a train...

She's never been to Paultons before either - but we'd need to be up before 5 to make the ERT.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hi all, penultimate reminder that I will be making the payments on Wednesday, so please contact me and pay by Tuesday evening if you want to join the early morning stuff.

I've had payments from the following:
Ian (that's me!)
Ian's local mates x 4
Raybould
Vadge
Bentleya
Shaun + brother
MouseAT
Devohn
will6789
Chris Brown
Jordan Wood
Hixee
Peep
Fi
Nicky B
Stone Cold
Mysterious Sue

I make that 21 so far for the early stuff. Then another eight or so arriving after 10am. Once numbers are finalised, I'll put instructions for meet ups - for both early riders and after 10's - in here. If you're arriving after 10am, you do not need to contact me about a payment. Please buy your own ticket in advance for the best price.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
FINAL WARNING! Payment due to today for the early stuff and lanyard. (Thanks to Rachel and Nathan who messaged me earlier. Awaiting Nathan's payment.)

If you're not doing the early stuff and are planning to enter when it opens at 10am, please go ahead and buy your ticket online now for the best price.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That’s it! No more payments for early stuff, please. Final head count is 23. Sorry to keep banging on, but if you’re not doing the early stuff, you will now need to buy a ticket and enter the park at 10am when it opens to the public.

I’m off to the park tomorrow to make the payment and finalise details. Shall post on Wednesday evening what the meet up arrangements are for earlies and tenners.

Will

Strata Poster
I've been released earlier than expected from my five month isolation so will be coming along.
Made my day <3

I'd say that's almost enough to convince me to get up early enough for the ERT, but you and I both know I'll still arrive before you ;) ;)

My ticket is already printed and in my plastic wallet of exciting things on the sofa :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Early starters, who are:
Ian (that's me!)
Ian's local mates x 4
Raybould
Vadge
Bentleya
Shaun + brother
MouseAT
Devohn
will6789
Chris Brown
Jordan Wood
Hixee
Peep
Fi
Nicky B
Stone Cold
Mysterious Sue
Rachel
Nathan P

Please meet at the entrance turnstiles at 9am. If you’re running late, please let me know by calling 07787 573565 and I’ll try to get you in, but be aware I might be riding or not hear my phone! Even if you miss the ERT, you’ll get the lanyard. I know everybody except for @Devohn and @will6789, so I might ask you about the messages we’ve exchanged so I don’t inadvertently give your tickets to somebody else! You’ll recognise me as the incredibly handsome bald chap most likely wearing a T-shirt with “BASIC” written on it.

10 O’Clockers
Please head to Tornado Springs and you’ll find the group there. Look out for me. We’ll be on one of the rides there. If we don’t do Storm Chaser again then, we’ll definitely return towards the end of the day. If you’re going to be later than opening, let me know when you arrive by calling/messaging 07787 573565.

As always, Lives run by me are have no schedule. I just go with the flow. Creds will obviously be the focus - we will do them all if they’re open - but happy to do flats and stuff if people want to. I also have plenty of sugar to keep everybody high!

Safe journeys all. See you on Saturday!

Will

Strata Poster
Yayy, this is tomorrow :D
First Live since GF which feels like FOREVER ago and will be the first time I've seen some people since Poland in 2018!!

Our friendship somehow survived Hayley having to attempt to train me to host a ride yesterday, so we're both excited to get today's smiling duties over and done with and head down bright and early tomorrow.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yayy, this is tomorrow :D
First Live since GF which feels like FOREVER ago and will be the first time I've seen some people since Poland in 2018!!

Our friendship working relationship somehow survived Hayley having to attempt to train me to host a ride yesterday, so we're both excited to get today's smiling duties over and done with and head down bright and early tomorrow.

Fixed that for ya… Colleagues remember ;)

😂😂😂

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yep, pleasant. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect.

Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.