What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

Rupert

Mega Poster
Vekoma just confirmed they’re building four tilt coasters in the coming years:

I can only think of three:
- Energylandia
- COTALAND
- Six Flags Qiddaya

Do we have any ideas on the fourth?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I always treat news on today's date with a pinch of salt, but this feels reasonably sensible.

As for the 4th (assuming Six Flags Qiddaya happens at all), I'll throw Walibi Holland in as a guess. They're due something sooner rather than later I reckon, and it's the sort of ride that would work well for the park.

Could also be anywhere in China, since Vekoma have a good working relationship with lots of parks out there.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Assuming that this isn't an April fools joke? I mean we know of 3 for sure, but they could be saying 4 as a joke. I doubt it in this case, but it's always a possibility.

Sjnoebel

Roller Poster
I put my money on Toverland. They are brewing on the next big area which should be coming in 2024/2025. They are really close to the Vekoma factory and always in for a special new product to draw in new crowds. Than they have something that no competitor in the nearby region has.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I just realised:-

Grona_Lund_thingy.png

Gröna tilt? I know it doesn't actually show a tilt section, but they could be intentionally hiding it. It's defo a Vekoma ride, and that lift structure looks very strange if it's not a tilt.

Last edited:

Rupert

Mega Poster
That’s a fantastic call, it’s even got the flat section at the top of the lift and the enhanced support structure. Saying that, the rest of the layout looks a bit mad but it’s clearly placeholder until they’re ready to confirm the actual plans.

This is in the expansion bit on the parking north of the main site right? A tilt coaster would be such an imposing icon to see from across Stockholm, such a good idea.

Peet

Giga Poster
Please tell me it's not another bloody April fool's - that looks incredible.

I'm pleased to see what looks like a full 90 degree tilt too, the Golden Horse versions seem to be a little less than vertical.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I just realised:-

Grona_Lund_thingy.png

Gröna tilt? I know it doesn't actually show a tilt section, but they could be intentionally hiding it. It's defo a Vekoma ride, and that lift structure looks very strange if it's not a tilt.

You might be right but at this moment anything is a complete guess. They got planning permission to build something that is 45 meters tall. In this video from August the park manager says that it could be a coaster but could also be a ferries wheel. It's totally preliminary so far and I highly doubt the whole area will be completed by 2024. The video is only in Swedish.

Tom P

Roller Poster
That first element actually looks the same as the first element of Vekoma's Top Gun Launch Coasters. Now I'm curious if Energylandia's layout will be the same or something different.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Is there a reason why the faces have been blurred when they aren't blurred in Vekoma's Instragram post?