What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Peet

Giga Poster
Was scrolling through a recently released Digital Dan video and one hawk's eye detail was mentioned, apologies if its already been posted here or discussed elsewhere;
View attachment 14101

If it wasn't confirmed before, then it is now. The interesting point here is that this board is exclusively from the 1995 Junamji film with Robin Williams and not a feature of the newer films.

And based on what we're seeing here, that would be correct.
Yeah the Jumanji board was noted by @JoshC. back in August:
https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...-coaster-jumanji-land-2023.44747/post-1115448

Matt N

CF Legend
According to Theme Park Guide, shovels are now in the ground and construction on Project Amazon has begun, in spite of planning permission having not been granted yet:
Exciting stuff! Although I’ll admit I’m a little confused as to why they’re starting before planning permission is granted… they must be very confident in it getting approved!

Mods, is this enough for this thread to move to Roller Coaster Construction? Or is that some way off yet?

Bentleya

Mega Poster
@Matt N - a lot of the infrastructure / utilities wouldn’t require planning permission and it is the first job to take place with most project like this and more than likely Chessington would have been liaising with the local authority on a regular basis and would know if it’s being approved or not before it’s formally approved.

Jared

Hyper Poster
As others have said, work is just progressing on clearing the site and putting some markings down. Work cannot officially commence until planning is granted. :)

Peet

Giga Poster
Great, they'll need to get on with construction sharpish now to deliver a 2023 opening (considering it's a whole new area on a greenfield site), I for one am looking forward to a good construction thread 🙂

Niles

Giga Poster
Chessington Buzz have taken a video and some pictures of the construction site, markings are in place for foundations they say and a lot of ground have been moved.
FNpopZ_XsAEyktz

FNo__R-X0AELkTo

Will

Strata Poster
I hope we get some piranha - if I remember rightly, they only have the boring herbivorous versions in Sealife at present - and they're the first thing I think of when I hear 'Amazon' (assuming we mean the river :p )

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
All I can say about that Chessington Buzz video is that I hope they have some spare cash left over to give Dragon's Fury a lick of paint 😆

Sandman

Giga Poster
"Take a first class flight on our AmazonDelivery Drone as you launch through our warehouse of misery fulfilment. Let's get those deliveries out in record time!"

Jared

Hyper Poster
All I can say about that Chessington Buzz video is that I hope they have some spare cash left over to give Dragon's Fury a lick of paint

From what I’ve been told it’s planned to be repainted this closed season ahead of 2023. Sounds like it’ll be changing it’s colours too, but they are yet to be decided.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
I've had a thought.

I think that Merlin Entertainments have signed a multi-coaster deal with Mack Rides, and that the coaster we see being built is a new variation of the BigDipper Model, similar to the new coaster coming to Europa Park next year also.

This could explain the split station design to cater to the 2 seats on top of the track and the 2 winged seats, so in short 2 seats on one side of the station.
There is a slight possibility that it could be 6 across however it is most likely to be 4 across with 6 rows.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I think that Merlin Entertainments have signed a multi-coaster deal with Mack Rides, and that the coaster we see being built is a new variation of the BigDipper Model, similar to the new coaster coming to Europa Park next year also.
Idk mate, they've already allegedly got something signed with B&M for up to 7 new projects - including this - plus Nemesis' retrack. Heck, they were even involved in Thorpe's Project Exodus at one point, although it appears that the Mack pitch was the better option for them. Merlin doesn't cover enough round and SEAS-level capital investment to warrant signing a second mass-production deal. Besides, the station layout does look like a B&M if you take the track width compared to the airgates into account;
IFxTV7d.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
This could explain the split station design to cater to the 2 seats on top of the track and the 2 winged seats, so in short 2 seats on one side of the station.
There is a slight possibility that it could be 6 across however it is most likely to be 4 across with 6 rows.
Gotta disagree here. Looks to be a B&M, plus I think the Big Dippers can load from one side due to there being a floor on the inside seats.