What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

Peet

Giga Poster
Looks like a brilliant coaster no doubt, but it needs a bit more theming if it's really going to be in the same league as Lech, I can't see any aside from the station, but they might just not have done it yet of course.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
During the first inversion I let out a very audible;
giphy.gif

Do not like the look of that one bit, too hangy for me. But it was the first POV, I'm sure it will run faster than that in the warm.

The rest of the layout looks bloody brilliant though, I'm on board.

Gazza

Giga Poster
During the first inversion I let out a very audible;
giphy.gif

Do not like the look of that one bit, too hangy for me. But it was the first POV, I'm sure it will run faster than that in the warm.

The rest of the layout looks bloody brilliant though, I'm on board.
I have a question, how come thoosies love Zero G stalls (Like on Zadra) but dont like this?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah but how do you know this loop wont be shaped to provide a similar sensation to being in a stall?
Like, both elements involve a section of track with an arc shape that holds the train upside down.
The only difference this uses half loops to get the train inverted, whilst a zero g stall uses twists.

Fønix will be the first roller coaster in the world to feature a “stall loop” - a spectacular world first element combining the all-time favorite classic looping with the inverted stall into one new unique element. In this new element the train is forced into an overhead position by half a loop followed by an inverted camelback where the riders experience a period of 2.5 seconds of weightlessness before entering the second half of the loop combined with a twist.

Christian

Hyper Poster
That stall loop is a great idea if it works. I love hang time but don't think this ride will deliver it at all. I am sure that thing will feel like a stall and not like hang time. You have to remember that this ride will never run this slow again. It's brand new and not worn in, it's the coldest it will ever be and it probably hasn't cycled for hours before they filmed the POV. It will be faster.

Either that stall loop works exactly as intended OR the ride takes it to fast and it will feel like a normal loop OR the ride takes it too fast and it will give hang time.

I love all 3 options!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
IIRC, aren't Zero G stalls supposed to have airtime as opposed to hangtime?
Airtime is the sensation of lifting out of your seat in an upright position against the force of gravity. Hangtime creates the same sensation of leaving the seat, but it occurs while inverted and because you are falling with gravity, as opposed to fighting against it.

A Zero G stall, by indication of it's name, is designed to maintain a purely weightless (0 G) sensation, but most likely end up with a little bit of hangtime due to variables like speed, train weight, etc.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I have a question, how come thoosies love Zero G stalls (Like on Zadra) but dont like this?
Stalls generally are upside down airtime, this looks like is more hangtime than anything as it takes the loop slower than expected. But as I said before, this was one of the first runs and it will run faster, so it may well ride like a stall. Won't know until we see some more POVs.

I am very excited for how the rest of the ride runs when it warms up, it already looks good at this speed, I think this will be another intense Lech.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Since RMC turned all this upside-down it's probably not so well-distinct anymore. For instance, does the sideways airtime hill on Twisted Cyclone (SVoG) actually deliver airtime or hangtime? Or maybe hairtime? 😅 Its angle is a bit more than 90 degrees, so the (small) contribution from gravity runs in favor of lifting you out of your seat...

Gazza

Giga Poster
IMO the ideal stall is one where its like a tiny bit of force holding you in your seat
as it takes the loop slower than expected. But as I said before, this was one of the first runs and it will run faster, so it may well ride like a stall. Won't know until we see some more POVs.
So in other words "Looks Slow" ?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
IMO the ideal stall is one where its like a tiny bit of force holding you in your seat

So in other words "Looks Slow" ?
Yeah that's what I like too, a tiny bit of flojector, delicious.

I know that's what it sounds like 😂, but not fishing for funnies this week.