What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Matt N

CF Legend
Wasn’t this just a tropical storm as opposed to a full-on hurricane?

Funnily enough, I was actually on my first ever Florida holiday when Hurricane Isaac happened, and while I’m unsure about the impact Isaac had in other places nearby, I don’t seem to remember it coming to much, although I was admittedly young at the time. My dad even said that Hurricane Isaac seemed “anticlimactic” when it arrived after the days of great worry on the local news beforehand!

rwinger24

Roller Poster
I get that around February, BGT was understaffed. Nothing was wrong with it. It was the fact that Velocicoaster was just about to open. And when it comes to business, opening Gwazi won't be right. Add the COVID restrictions and short staff.

Now it's July, BGT is hiring, Velocicoaster hype might die down in a few months. The Q2 earnings call is next month.

And with SEAS employees riding it, I can imagine them pulling the trigger for a Labor Day September opening, or during October.

(Infinity Falls and Falcon's Fury are the only two SEAS attractions to open in their respective years when previously delayed with no setdate.)

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn’t be surprised if Iron Gwazi/Ice Breaker do open later in 2021; before COVID, SWO’s Surf Coaster and BGT’s Screamin’ Swing were said to be shooting for Christmas 2020 openings!

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I get that around February, BGT was understaffed. Nothing was wrong with it. It was the fact that Velocicoaster was just about to open. And when it comes to business, opening Gwazi won't be right. Add the COVID restrictions and short staff.

Now it's July, BGT is hiring, Velocicoaster hype might die down in a few months. The Q2 earnings call is next month.

And with SEAS employees riding it, I can imagine them pulling the trigger for a Labor Day September opening, or during October.

(Infinity Falls and Falcon's Fury are the only two SEAS attractions to open in their respective years when previously delayed with no setdate.)
Jesus, are they tearing it down or opening it this fall? Make up your mind

Ggolt

Roller Poster
This is becoming like one of the greatest jokes in coaster history 2022, they can’t be serious. Even if they are, I don’t really see how they can justify that at all.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Second* (Barry exists)
But yeah, Dorian looks like quite a looming threat. Expected to be a major by Florida landfall.
Nearly 2 years at this point since this post. Damn.

Hopefully this opens in late 2021, or early 2022. However, the way it's going...I bet Mission Ferrari may open before this.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
It's not. Apparently....well, see this post from r/hobbydrama, but this part in particular.
"Sea World is broke. Are you surprised? They were already not doing so well, and going into quarantine for the first half of the season didn't help. They still owed RMC 3.5 million dollars. So, after it was confirmed that Iron Gwazi worked as intended and was ready to open, RMC left with the keys. Busch Gardens has a brand new, super popular, long awaited coaster by the most respected brand in the industry, and they're not allowed to run it until they come up with 3.5 million dollars."
from https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/lmdvq2 So apparently, the reason that Iron Gwazi missed the 2020 and 2021 seasons is because RMC wants 3.5 million dollars that SeaWorld can't produce.