Administrator
Social Media Team
Dreamworld is closing Buzzsaw (The Maurer Skyloop) in August 😁😁😁😁😁😁
It even has it's own topic! :D

Leon

Roller Poster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A shot of the new Tetysblu Theme Park in Khazakstan including a spinner and a Power Splash from Mack Rides and what appears to be a large model Vekoma Roller Skater on the left.

The park opened on July 21st and looks like a nice step up in park and ride quality for the region.
Kazak.jpg

Video from the park opening here

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I normally don’t like it when coaster track and supports are the same color as each other, but that spinner pulls it off quite nicely.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
It would appear that a man has tried & failed to sue Drayton Manor for £1.5m over alleged back injuries sustained on the cable car: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/drayton-manor-sued-15m-man-21132894

The injury occurred in 2014, and the man did try and appeal an initial decision to dismiss in 2020, but the case wasn’t dismissed formally until the other day.
Not quite; he had an undisputed claim in respect of liability, the disagreement was over quantum. He got caught for exaggerating his injuries, the weasel.

Here’s a better account:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yep, taking place 2pm-8pm today in the Marque by Swarm.

Not sure how popular it will be amongst guests, but might be a good way for staff who are eligible to get it sorted.

I believe Chessington also had a pop up vaccine site over the weekend.

I actually have my 2nd dose booked for today. If it wasn't booked, I'd have probably popped down to Thorpe and gotten it there tbf (Merlin pass, live locally, etc)...but I doubt it would have be eligible for any League of Goons points anyways, so not worth it... (unless @Hixee can make me an offer I can't refuse?) 😉

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I actually have my 2nd dose booked for today. If it wasn't booked, I'd have probably popped down to Thorpe and gotten it there tbf (Merlin pass, live locally, etc)...but I doubt it would have be eligible for any League of Goons points anyways, so not worth it... (unless @Hixee can make me an offer I can't refuse?) 😉
Getting a Covid-19 jab would classify under the "Other Attractions" section.

:D

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Anyone who's visited the south of London recently will have seen a very distinct fried egg tag dotted about the city. It's on sainsburys delivery vans. It's on railway stations. It's on shop shutters. It's on corners, hell, it was even on the gatwick trainline bridge over the m25 for a while.

The artist goes by several aliases; Eggs, I Love Eggs, and Eg, Egg & Eggy.

I bet you can't guess what he spray paints.

%C2%A9-cene-magazine-%2315-Nov-Dec-2020--Egg-Egg-n-Eggy-Grafitti-Kent-15.jpg

50343282006_cce23bfc61_b.jpg

So thorpe have finally cleared up that ghastly blank wall opposite Derren. They must've hired a certain local spray painter...

In all honesty - I don't think it looks too bad. Much better than the sorry looking blank wall that was there before. If I was park manager, maybe I'd (definitely) do something different, but it's good it's been addressed.

Now let me go off on a little personal tangeant here. I love London grafitti. It may not be the same class as Bristol's but I do think the tagging you see across the city defines a lot of the imagery you typically associate with the city. Brick Lane and camden, for example are iconic for their alt personality, defined by their shop fronts and street art.

I really like the concept of eggs. He's taken what would typically be a bog standard tag, which is nothing that special, and made it into something fun. Locally where I live there's a bit of a grafitti scene, and it's pretty cool to be able to walk 5 minutes and know that this guy who is coming to define London grafitti has thrown up a dub on a neighbours fence, or at a local train station. In his own words, 'who doesn't like eggs?' Hell I like this guys art so much I've invested in several art magazines and books just to get exclusive scoops on the guy.

What pisses me off, however. Is I liked this guy so much I reached out to him and said hey, I like what you do, good stuff. If you ever were to sell some art, lemme know. The response I got back, was...

'I'm gonna f*** your mum'.

So. As a theme park nerd. Who's local park is thorpe park. Albeit a place I don't frequent too much. Please understand the conflict I am experiencing knowing this guy has now literally left his (incorrectly spelt) mark at Thorpe Park.