What's new

Has anyone been to Elitch Gardens? [FIRST THREAD]

GPThusiast

Roller Poster
Has anyone been to this park called Elitch Gardens in Denver CO? Its my home park and has some really underrated coasters.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Changed the thread title slightly to actually mention the park in question.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I have, yes. Weirdly for a British enthusiast (who had never been to Blackpool prior), Elitch provided both my first SLC and first woodie.
There are better woodies out there, but Twister 2 is a fairly long ride if I recall correctly, I really enjoyed it. It's rougher than other woodies I've ridden, but not overly so.
I also think the rapids there is one of the better examples of an older generation rapids ride.

GPThusiast

Roller Poster
I have, yes. Weirdly for a British enthusiast (who had never been to Blackpool prior), Elitch provided both my first SLC and first woodie.
There are better woodies out there, but Twister 2 is a fairly long ride if I recall correctly, I really enjoyed it. It's rougher than other woodies I've ridden, but not overly so.
I also think the rapids there is one of the better examples of an older generation rapids ride.
Yeah twister 2 is like over a min of action past the lift hill.
Also in 2019 they gave it new track so its smoother than ever.
Also all of the rapids by that company closed this season because of an accident in another park.