What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've heard rumours in obscure coaster Discords late at night, whispering about Vekoma selling a Lech clone to a Danish park. Not sure where they originate or how substantial they are, but two of those three puzzle pieces appear to be present here.
I have to admit I'm really hoping this isn't the case, simply cause I wouldn't mind a European park to build a Top Gun, a standard Shockwave (not Abyssus) or a Renegade. But I will chew my ass if they end up building a hyper.

STMOE

Roller Poster
Anyone that got any new pictures or news about the ride?
I'm not aware of any new pics.

But i saw from the municipality that Fårup got the approval for a new coaster 10.3.21. The documents states that the coaster will be named Woodland, reach 37m at the heighest point and the area covers 9700 m2. The station building will be 15m tall. It states that it will be themed and build for the theme of Fårup.

STMOE

Roller Poster
The construction and landscaping is set to 14 months, so one could expect a staggered opening sometime in june 22.

But not sure this is the potential award winning coaster, but perhaps should be seen as a seperate project.

I will go there in 3-4 weeks, and take a peep..

STMOE

Roller Poster
The coaster will be a 37m tall Vekoma coaster with a custom layout, and will be named Woodland:-

If anyone who knows Danish is able to point out anything else interesting from this that I haven't mentioned, that would be appreciated.
Yes, this is what i am refering too, see above. From what i reed, there are no more facts to add. Rest is speculations.
But we can rule out a lech clone and speculate about a custom layout based on models like top gun, hyper space warp etc.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have an interesting revelation for you all; 37m is 121.4ft, and although 121.4ft might not sound that tall, this ride will beat Piraten at Djurs as Denmark’s tallest coaster (Piraten is 101.7ft according to RCDB) by a whole 19.7ft, which is certainly big progress for the Danish coaster industry!

So it would appear that this ride could be upping the ante scale-wise for Danish coasters!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have an interesting revelation for you all; 37m is 121.4ft, and although 121.4ft might not sound that tall, this ride will beat Piraten at Djurs as Denmark’s tallest coaster (Piraten is 101.7ft according to RCDB) by a whole 19.7ft, which is certainly big progress for the Danish coaster industry!

So it would appear that this ride could be upping the ante scale-wise for Danish coasters!
It will be a start at least. Funny that the tallest coasters in Denmark are pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Sweackzy

Roller Poster
The coaster will be a 37m tall Vekoma coaster with a custom layout, and will be named Woodland:-

If anyone who knows Danish is able to point out anything else interesting from this that I haven't mentioned, that would be appreciated.
I just looked it thru and it says the ground water needs to be lowered so it will maybe also go underground?
Could possibly also be so that the ground is more stable i don't know.

STMOE

Roller Poster

Somehow I had the feeling since Piraten in Djurs sommerland, that they took the «big brother» role and wanted to show they could do bigger and better. And they market themselves as Denmarks biggest coasters. So maybe they will try and surpass Fårups new coaster stats next time. I don't quite remember the height restriction for Djurs, but recall it to be 45-50 m.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Somehow I had the feeling since Piraten in Djurs sommerland, that they took the «big brother» role and wanted to show they could do bigger and better. And they market themselves as Denmarks biggest coasters. So maybe they will try and surpass Fårups new coaster stats next time. I don't quite remember the height restriction for Djurs, but recall it to be 45-50 m.
Now this is straw pulling at its most vigorous. It might be awhile, they've that Mack powered coaster and themed area coming in next year, which is turning out to be a fairly substantial project.

Sweackzy

Roller Poster
Start of the danish coaster wars? As a danish citizen, i would like that.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not aware of any new pics.

But i saw from the municipality that Fårup got the approval for a new coaster 10.3.21. The documents states that the coaster will be named Woodland, reach 37m at the heighest point and the area covers 9700 m2. The station building will be 15m tall. It states that it will be themed and build for the theme of Fårup.
Woodland? What's with all the forest-themed coaster names in the Nordics? There's Taiga in Finland, Woodland in Denmark, JungelBob in Norway, and Sweden has, um, Wildfire (which still involves a forest).

I guess we're just really rubbing it in the face of Iceland.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Woodland? What's with all the forest-themed coaster names in the Nordics? There's Taiga in Finland, Woodland in Denmark, JungelBob in Norway, and Sweden has, um, Wildfire (which still involves a forest).

I guess we're just really rubbing it in the face of Iceland.
Don't make me dream about an Icelandic B&M giga that is built onto icebergs and has views of the Northern lights.