What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Don’t get me wrong, I’m hugely excited about riding my first RMC. But I also have this lingering fear that it might not live up to the obscene hype that RMCs always get.

One of them will. It might not necessarily be the first one you ride - I guess that kinda depends on which one it is you ride first - but I can almost guarantee that at least one of them will just tick all the right boxes for you. It may take one or two different ones for a newbie to 'get' what RMC's are all about, but once you've got a feel for them and you then ride the right one... ahhh, it's a beautiful thing, my man, a beautiful thing!

Rupert

Mega Poster
Completely agree with that Howie. I rode Wicked Cyclone at SFNE as my first RMC and was super excited. I came off thinking, “That was a very very good coaster” but not mind blowing. A few days later I rode Steel Vengeance and good lord I hadn’t really experienced anything like it. Incredible.

I think Iron Gwazi’s layout/elements look potentially too drawn out, but then it goes at such speed it’ll probably be amazing despite that.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Completely agree with that Howie. I rode Wicked Cyclone at SFNE as my first RMC and was super excited. I came off thinking, “That was a very very good coaster” but not mind blowing. A few days later I rode Steel Vengeance and good lord I hadn’t really experienced anything like it. Incredible.

I think Iron Gwazi’s layout/elements look potentially too drawn out, but then it goes at such speed it’ll probably be amazing despite that.
The finale (everything after the stall) is unimpressive, but otherwise I think the layout will pack plenty of punch. The whippy transitions into the death roll and the outerbank over the station will probably be the best moments.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
So stoked for this. This will surely be ready for May, right? I mean already testing.
I do agree they layout, while epic, does seem a bit more spread out and just not as jam packed as SV is. That said, still beyond hyped for this.

Speaking of hype, that's a fair concern about the hype of RMC not living up, and I agree with the above try not to let it get to you. They will live up. I had the same concern but Wicked Twister killed it. (This was opening week, I've heard from many it doesn't run the same as it used to) and Steel Vengeance...I could not have been more hyped. I'm decently experienced, already rode one RMC so with all that, all the buzz, I went in thinking yo, this has to be the greatest thing I've ridden without question. And it was. The thing is after that I felt no other will be quite the same, but every RMC I've done has been superb. Even the lesser discussed ones like Joker, Twisted Cyclone, are top 15 for me.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
With Velocicoaster soft opening recently, I'm starting to wonder when we'll get a date for Iron Gwazi. I'm still keeping hopeful that it'll be open this year, along with Ice Breaker. Do we think that with the easing of some COVID measures across America (e.g temperature checks, masks), this could push forward the opening of IG too?

Or am I just being ridiculously hopeful? 😂

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
With Velocicoaster soft opening recently, I'm starting to wonder when we'll get a date for Iron Gwazi. I'm still keeping hopeful that it'll be open this year, along with Ice Breaker. Do we think that with the easing of some COVID measures across America (e.g temperature checks, masks), this could push forward the opening of IG too?

Or am I just being ridiculously hopeful? 😂
The calculus on Iron Gwazi opening is really optics around “besting” Universal, not Covid safety.

From Covid protocol perspective, Florida is pretty dang open.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
The calculus on Iron Gwazi opening is really optics around “besting” Universal, not Covid safety.

From Covid protocol perspective, Florida is pretty dang open.
Yeah I've heard stuff about how most things are open and pretty much "normal" over there, kinda makes me jealous living in the U.K!

I definitely think that the 'besting' universal situation makes the most sense, but part of me is also thinking it could have something to do with park capacity - are pretty much all of them still running at lower capacity?

Doublethink

Roller Poster
Do we have anything to suggest the sea world group investments are delayed to 2022 as rumors have said or is it likely they will try and get them open this year?

I'm guessing if they don't get gwazi/ pantheon out by July 4th any opening this year is highly unlikely

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Do we have anything to suggest the sea world group investments are delayed to 2022 as rumors have said or is it likely they will try and get them open this year?

I'm guessing if they don't get gwazi/ pantheon out by July 4th any opening this year is highly unlikely
On looking around, there's nothing to say it will be pushed back to 2022. I think if they knew that, they would have already announced it.
They've been advertising new recruitment spaces too for new staff (ride operators included), this could be a sign that they're trying get enough folks to be able to run more rides (Iron Gwazi as well).

If it's going to open up this year I think we can expect some sort of update or announcement either this month or next.

Last edited:

i305_zack

Mega Poster
On looking around, there's nothing to say it will be pushed back to 2022. I think if they knew that, they would have already announced it.
They've been advertising new recruitment spaces too for new staff (ride operators included), this could be a sign that they're trying get enough folks to be able to run more rides (Iron Gwazi as well).

If it's going to open up this year I think we can expect some sort of update or announcement either this month or next.
probably not...i hate to say it but seaworld has been so dumb that i do not see this opening till 2022