What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
Fun! Have we ascertained what type of ride it will be yet?

If not, my personal guess is on an ART/Mack kiddie coaster similar to Baaa/Duplo. The ride was said by the park to be a “highly themed ride aimed at younger guests”, and the plot is pretty small.

MillenniumT

Roller Poster
It is interesting at how/tall the station building of this new attraction seems to be, Like going by the name "Farmyard Flyer" could this be some sort of inverted kids coaster, Sort of like Zooom at flamingo land? But with more of a rustic farm/propeller style planes?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
And also regarding their 2022 addition, taken from the POV of Cyclonator:-

1617916338928.png

This image shows that the coaster will have a helix, so my guess is (and I am almost certain) that it will be a Zierer Force 1, with the lift hill pointing to the left side of this image. At least the helix and the fact this coaster turns right will make it different enough from Dino Chase (and the theming, of course). Let's also not forget that they've just worked with Zierer with Windmill Towers, so it is highly likely they could have got this new coaster cheaper.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
And also regarding their 2022 addition, taken from the POV of Cyclonator:-

View attachment 11580

This image shows that the coaster will have a helix, so my guess is (and I am almost certain) that it will be a Zierer Force 1, with the lift hill pointing to the left side of this image. At least the helix and the fact this coaster turns right will make it different enough from Dino Chase (and the theming, of course). Let's also not forget that they've just worked with Zierer with Windmill Towers, so it is highly likely they could have got this new coaster cheaper.
Could it also potentially be a Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster 80STD, as that model also turns right and has a helix? They’ve also just worked with Zamperla on Cyclonator.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Could it also potentially be a Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster 80STD, as that model also turns right and has a helix? They’ve also just worked with Zamperla on Cyclonator.
You know what, on a second look the shape of the footers of Paulton's new coaster is IDENTICAL to those found on Zamperla Gravity coasters. I think you might be onto something. That being said I'd much rather see the Zierer.

EDIT:- Having a deeper look, there are a few things I've noticed that don't line up correctly, mainly the footer placements. So unless it's a modified layout, I'm ruling it out.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I think when we’re talking about kiddie coasters of this scale, they’re all pretty similar to one another, for the most part! So it could realistically be any of the small-scale kiddie coaster models currently on the market, or even something custom!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Proper exited about tomorrow. As much as I’m looking forward to seeing Tornado Springs, what I’m most looking forward to is getting “coaster legs” again. That wonderfully wobbly feeling after a short few months of not-riding is something I love...and after no coasters or thrill rides for 18 months, it’s going to feel splendid!

If you’re heading down tomorrow, I’ll be that gooey lump of excitement outside the exit of Storm Chaser!

Agreed they all do it I just think it's deceitful. I suppose to new visitors it won't matter as it's new for them.

To be fair Buffalo Falls is new for me and my family as is not been open on either of my visits!

Peet

Giga Poster
I really didn't like the way they described Trekking Tractors and Buffalo Falls in the hype video.
Yeah I thought the same thing, saying a "brand new ride *experience*" to get away with it, not very honest but I suppose it's not unusual.

Proper exited about tomorrow. As much as I’m looking forward to seeing Tornado Springs, what I’m most looking forward to is getting “coaster legs” again. That wonderfully wobbly feeling after a short few months of not-riding is something I love...and after no coasters or thrill rides for 18 months, it’s going to feel splendid!

If you’re heading down tomorrow, I’ll be that gooey lump of excitement outside the exit of Storm Chaser!
Me too, I'll keep an eye out for you!