What's new

Which EU Coaster Has The Most Airtime?

Rock_N_RollBob

Roller Poster
You guys mind if we derail from the topic a little? For someone who's coming out there and is an airtime whore - For the sake of planning the perfect trip, in Europe...what are the can't miss rides for airtime excluding the obvious ones? Or ones I might have missed? (El Toro sisters, Untamed, etc) Mods- sorry, just kind of thinking it wasn't worthy of an entirely new thread is all.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Shambhala, though that may come under the 'obvious' category. Perhaps unpopular, but I think Stampeda offers a lot in that area if you want more from Port Aventura. Dragon Khan and Red Force are more about the inversions and launch accordingly.

Phantasialand is a must (it is a must regardless). Taron has loads of little airtime moments, F.L.Y. has some fantastic airtime despite being a flying coaster and their mine train wants to murder you.

nadroJ

CF Legend
You guys mind if we derail from the topic a little? For someone who's coming out there and is an airtime whore - For the sake of planning the perfect trip, in Europe...what are the can't miss rides for airtime excluding the obvious ones? Or ones I might have missed? (El Toro sisters, Untamed, etc) Mods- sorry, just kind of thinking it wasn't worthy of an entirely new thread is all.
I appreciate the sentiment but I specifically started this topic as we never discuss 'UK airtime'. Your post is testament to this - we got 12 posts in before talking about something else 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

Strata Poster
I was about to say that it's either going to be EGF or Shambhala, but then I remembered Colossos & Balder exist...

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think Europe actually fairs pretty well here. Off the top of my head:

Untamed
Silver Star
Shambhala (even if it was rubbish when I rode it, I believe others when they say it is good)
Balder
Colossos
Expedition GeForce
Wildfire
Taron
Colorado Adventure (in the back row)
Alpina Blitz
Piraten (probably - if Mega-Lite is anything to go by)
Tiaga (probably)
Zadra
Hyperion

And of course, I imagine Kondaa will probably be high up on these lists soon.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Untamed has the most that I've experienced.

Taron, Taiga and Balder all deserve to be mentioned too. Helix has that hill in the 2nd section too, so must be up there for strongest airtime.

Rock_N_RollBob

Roller Poster
I think Europe actually fairs pretty well here. Off the top of my head:

Untamed
Silver Star
Shambhala (even if it was rubbish when I rode it, I believe others when they say it is good)
Balder
Colossos
Expedition GeForce
Wildfire
Taron
Colorado Adventure (in the back row)
Alpina Blitz
Piraten (probably - if Mega-Lite is anything to go by)
Tiaga (probably)
Zadra
Hyperion

And of course, I imagine Kondaa will probably be high up on these lists soon.
Now I can just go on and on? Thanks Hixee! All of those except for Alpina Blitz and Piraten were on my radar. This is exactly what I was hoping for, and it's kind of fun.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Hyperion's first hill is the best individual moment of airtime in Europe IMO. You'd be launched into Russia if there was no lap restraint.

Untamed is the champ for consistency though.

I basically done the same as you but when visiting the US. Planned the whole trip entirely around which coasters are gonna aggressively eject me haha.