What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^That is the current rumor. Courtesy of user @BGWnut on the ParkFans forums, "It seems like they are seeking to put an even better attraction in the space" and "From what I'm hearing, this ride should be much more of a I305 competitor than [Drachen Spire] would have been." It may not end up using the entirety of the allotted 355ft height waiver, but it appears they're still looking at putting a significant ride back there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Probably a good idea, considering the Drachen Spike was almost as bad an idea as awarding the Drachen Fire contract to Arrow.

Seriously, it isn't that ****ing hard to build a quality 300 ft. coaster these days.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
^That is the current rumor. Courtesy of user @BGWnut on the ParkFans forums, "It seems like they are seeking to put an even better attraction in the space" and "From what I'm hearing, this ride should be much more of a I305 competitor than [Drachen Spire] would have been." It may not end up using the entirety of the allotted 355ft height waiver, but it appears they're still looking at putting a significant ride back there.
If this is what's happening, I'm really glad that Busch Gardens Williamsburg are taking the delays from COVID to revise this ride. Drachen Spire would've been pretty unique, but a genuine Intimidator 305 competitor would be absolutely incredible. I do have to wonder what the new timeframe on this ride is though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm gonna play mod and say this is really getting off-topic and there is a designated thread for this coaster.

Seriously though if this is somewhat true, it would be AWESOME! I can't wait to see BGWfans leak the plans.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Probably a good idea, considering the Drachen Spike was almost as bad an idea as awarding the Drachen Fire contract to Arrow.

Seriously, it isn't that ****ing hard to build a quality 300 ft. coaster these days.

Is it really that hard to build a full circuit these days? I get the appeal in saving some steel but it's lame!

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I'm gonna play mod and say this is really getting off-topic and there is a designated thread for this coaster.

Seriously though if this is somewhat true, it would be AWESOME! I can't wait to see BGWfans leak the plans.

I dunno man, this is the natural progression of conversation. I'd chill out from your back seat modding from time to time and let the ban-hammer wielding overlords do their thing.

PS: I really don't get the point of the drachen spike, what with the massive top hat on pantheon, which also has a launch. Pantheon itself doesn't even have that much meat to it as a layout, it would be good to see something properly beefy. Imagine BGW turning round and 1 upping themselves with something completely different and totally impressive again on top of pantheon rather than what is essential a slightly twisty 300ft pylon you can ride. I'd be here for that.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Indeed let's carve the "Drachen Spike" specific convo into the thread we have for that; convo that weaves Pantheon into it is cool for this thread (as it is indeed a weird project story). :cool:

Since all of "Drachen Spire" is mired as rumor and happenstance, it's tough to piece together the fact and fiction, and how we ended up at Pantheon. The general sense (as I've understood it) was Busch saw opportunity to carve one large 350 ft. coaster into two coaster concepts - one a Velocicoaster-style multi-launch and the other a 300 ft. shuttle coaster. The reason why? who knows - I'm still waiting for Busch to release a proper Pantheon POV, so managing expectations.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I was wondering how the Covid backing up everything would impacted that weird giga launch twisted spike thing... that said time for my regular:
Anyone have any knowledge on how construction/testing is going for Pantheon? Is a May opening still in the realm of possibility?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I was wondering how the Covid backing up everything would impacted that weird giga launch twisted spike thing... that said time for my regular:
Anyone have any knowledge on how construction/testing is going for Pantheon? Is a May opening still in the realm of possibility?
I have *heard* that full course testing is definitely going to start this week, and quite possibly today.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wonderful. Will continue to keep the ears peeled but all this vague planning may fall into place quite nicely.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster