What's new

Warner Bros Movie World | Various New Vekomas & relocated Intamin | 2024

Peet

Giga Poster
Could it just be a retheme?

But if it was removed; correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t this be the first SLC ever to be removed and not relocated?
Well there's this one which is being turned into an aviary:
So not exactly being removed but it will almost certainly never run again. I can't wait to see how that project turns out - such a weird idea!

Edit: found the topic about the SLC aviary: https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/suzhou-amusement-park-to-close-and-relocate.41072/

If it is any help towards replacements, I did try and merge images together for possibilities in terms of size and also which bandwagon some fans are hopping onto ahaha ?

Warner Bros Movie World 4.jpgWarner Bros Movie World 3.jpgWarner Bros Movie World 2.jpg
So overall, a lot of people are onto the Bolliger and Mabillard Bandwagon cause they would like a B&M. Maybe a Dive Coaster, but not a complete clone of Griffon, could be good. A Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster is an idea maybe being tossed around some fans and also I'd personally wanna see Australia's First Ever Single Rail Coaster as well.

Believe it or not, a B&M would actually be the first B&M in Australia if one were to be built!

I’m not sure if Village Roadshow have ever worked with B&M before, though; maybe a Mack XTREME Spinning Coaster or something, as they seem to like Mack?
That would be good. I worry about an Extreme Spinning Coaster just because I don't think it fits the site of the coaster. It is too long unless they do the compact prototype which I dunno if that's the best investment compared to the custom layout

spicy

Giga Poster
This was actually one of the better SLC’s around, I thought the Kumbak trains and restraints were an improvement.

Hope it’s replaced by something major like a B&M or with this and Tower of Terror being removed Australia has lost 2 pretty substantial coasters recently.

Matt N

CF Legend
I know it’s a few weeks since this thread was last posted in, but I have an idea.

Could we possibly be seeing the ride getting a retrack in a similar manner to what Great Nor’Easter did at Morey’s Piers a few years back? They retracked that and smoothed out the transitions, and it apparently did wonders for that ride, so could we see that happen here?

Alessio

Roller Poster
Given the fact that they really like to change up the manufacturer, RMC wouldn't be unlikely. Some of the only other big manufactures they haven't tried out yet are Premier Rides, Gerstlauer and GCI.

Vekoma -> Road Runner Roller Coaster
Mack Rides -> Scooby-Doo
Intamin -> Superman Escape
S&S -> Green Lantern
Mack Rides -> DC Rivals

Counting the other Village Roadshow Theme Parks we also have:

Arrow -> Sea Viper
Zamperla -> Spongebob
GravityGroup -> Leviathan

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Given the fact that they really like to change up the manufacture, RMC wouldn't be unlikely. Some of the only other big manufactures they haven't tried out yet are Premier Rides, Gerstlauer and GCI.

Vekoma -> Road Runner Roller Coaster
Mack Rides -> Scooby-Doo
Intamin -> Superman Escape
S&S -> Green Lantern
Mack Rides -> DC Rivals

Counting the other Village Roadshow Theme Parks we also have:

Arrow -> Sea Viper
Zamperla -> Spongebob
GravityGroup -> Leviathan
B&M is also a major one. Although is this the type of place that is likely to get a B&M?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So it seems like the park has confirmed the coaster's removal, and the replacement will be announced later this year:-

View attachment 10868

Source.

Let the speculation begin! My guess is it will be a new coaster given the popularity and success of DC Rivals, and Village Roadshow's recent investments in their parks.

Let's take a moment to realise the park said their SLC was "one of the country's best rollercoasters". Sure, Jan. Good riddance!

If the footprint is anything to take into consideration, I guess they will have to go for something really compact. My bets are on an RMC Raptor. Australian parks seem to copy trends (random backwards seats on coasters, motorbike coasters), and since the Hot Racer at Luna Park, I am sure Movie World must have at least considered one as a replacement for their SLC.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Heard many months ago that Movie World has gotten a family-intended coaster replacement bought and lined up for the former Arkham Asylum, but nothing specific until now.

There's been a sudden flurry of commotion on the Parkz forum, talk is about not one but three new Vekoma coasters to take up the site, judgement could be very wrong but I don't think that this is a joke. Word right now is duelling family boomerangs and an invert of some kind. This below is the post that started it, others following seem to agree with such.
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 10.32.29 PM.png

Edit; Local contact of mine has confirmed as well, Family Boomerangs at the very least are legit. From what is known, the layout is supposedly (not 100% guaranteed) the stock racing model listed on their website

Attachments

• 47c1a98ef7953dccb35e7c4bc9b7e7ebe7cd945b-track-family-boomerang-racer.png
    47c1a98ef7953dccb35e7c4bc9b7e7ebe7cd945b-track-family-boomerang-racer.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Could be a fun addition to the park. If the suspended coaster is going to happen then It makes sense if it is going to be the suspended thrill coaster. A nice step forward to replace the existing ride with the new generation version. Also, a suspended family coaster would make it the third Vekoma family coaster in one park, makes no sense. But first of all, it's all rumours so let's see what happens.

Matt N

CF Legend
The Parkz forum is throwing around mixed messages in terms of what form the suspended coaster will take; some are suggesting STC, but I’ve also heard an Orkanen clone (453m SFC) being suggested as well.

I actually think they’ve used the space rather well if this rumour is true; I think replacing 1 coaster with 3 is a really efficient use of space, personally!

Out of interest, are the racing family boomerangs due to be clones of Tweestryd at Wildlands Zoo Emmen, or is it a different layout?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Out of interest, are the racing family boomerangs due to be clones of Tweestryd at Wildlands Zoo Emmen, or is it a different layout?

Tweestryd is also the stock racing model, so it would be the same layouts if this is accurate.