What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
For Klugheim Phantasialand announced the opening 24 days in advance. I think this time it will be way shorter.

We know there's the staff preview event in just 3 days (maybe 4, can't remember if it's the 7th or 8th lmao), so it's got to be close to completion!

I agree with you saying it could be less than 24 days in advance... I know loads of people here have speculated an 18th September (or 17th September as that's a Thursday and Klugheim opened on a Thursday), and if the staff preview event goes well I definitely see this happening...

Would 10 days be enough notice? Yes. People have been anticipating this for so long that I imagine the first few days of operation could be sold out within hours. One thing we know for sure is that Shawn from TPW will be straight out for opening day to show us every last bit of the area ?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I honestly have no issues with this area, I think it looks incredible just like everything else Phantasialand does.

Sorry if I’m being too much of a phanboy for some, but it’s a million times better than the crap merlin come up with every year in the UK and also way more detailed than the work of europa park and efteling, in my opinion.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
I just can't wait to see where the next wall is going to go
1599224142216.png

I don‘t think they will open the hotel later. Rookburgh is an enclosed concept, the hotel is a part of the area and the coaster, and vice versa.

They won‘t open the whole thing unfinished.
But unlike the normal situation there is a pandemic going on. I don't think Phantasialand needs the extra capacity for a third hotel right now.
Opening this area without a huge marketing campaign and leave the (free) word of mouth do the work to lure visitors back can help soften the terrible financial performance from this year.

DocLa

Roller Poster
Sweetie that's just the start of it. If you really want the list of issues I have with it I can give it to you, but nobody wants that, thank god.

Well, I suppose Phantasialand would really appreciate getting professional advise from a master degree designer ;) I've heard they had to fire all their qualified employees at the Rookburgh office so some trainee had to do the wall work.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I honestly have no issues with this area, I think it looks incredible just like everything else Phantasialand does.

Sorry if I’m being too much of a phanboy for some, but it’s a million times better than the crap merlin come up with every year in the UK and also way more detailed than the work of europa park and efteling, in my opinion.
Mate you clearly didn’t see the inflatable arch for David Williams. World class that one.

timko85

Roller Poster
Does anybody know if in the left Wuze-Town-Tower is also some work going on? In the drone video from june, you can clearly see that there is a big enclosed connection between Rookburg an the left Wuze Town-Tower (which as far as I know has always been empty) ?

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
Well, I suppose Phantasialand would really appreciate getting professional advise from a master degree designer ;) I've heard they had to fire all their qualified employees at the Rookburgh office so some trainee had to do the wall work.

Guys can we not *heat* up this fight any more please, we've already had to *deflate* a load of arguments over the past few months.

Sorry, I had to do it, I've been missing all the balloon puns ?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I also personally think that if rookburgh does open this autumn, Charles Lindbergh will also open. There is no point leaving the hotel shut, it is money lost and if they did open the brand new shining hotel its going to be close to selling out on off-peak days and selling out on peak days. There's no point losing that potential income.

Whilst I agree at the moment there isn't a need for 3 hotels to be operating as the full capacity of 3 hotels isn't really necessary and staffing costs will be high, if one of the hotels needs to close as compensation for low visitor rates it will be the Matamba. Ling Bao is their luxury hotel and the more popular of the two currently open and Lindbergh will be very popular upon opening and the real money maker. Ling Bao also has the pool and spa which is more incentive to keep it open than the Matamba. Lindbergh has the new bar and restaurant which both intertwine with the new area.

I think the new area will open up as a package. I am impatiently waiting for an announcement now. I reckon we might not get much notice but I think we will hear something within the next couple of weeks.

HarmL98

Roller Poster

I just want to double check. But this is a joke right? I just don't know it anymore when people are serious or just make a really bad joke.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I just want to double check. But this is a joke right? I just don't know it anymore when people are serious or just make a really bad joke.

Why would it be a joke. I’m just stating my opinion.

In my opinion this work is far better than that of Europa park or max & moritz, especially when you consider the limited space Phantasialand are working with.

Last edited:

Mkh1996

Roller Poster
I always thought, that Rookburgh and F.L.Y. will only be accessible for Hotel Charles Lindbergh Guests as an evening ERT till Next Summer Season.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Why would it be a joke. I’m just stating my opinion.

In my opinion this work is far better than that of Europa park or max & moritz, especially when you consider the limited space Phantasialand are working with.

Well, all three are at a high level, but I think you can clearly recognize some differences in their passion for detail and originality. So I don't think it needs to come across as a joke.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I always thought, that Rookburgh and F.L.Y. will only be accessible for Hotel Charles Lindbergh Guests as an evening ERT till Next Summer Season.

This was also my guess at some point. This would at least explain why there is no significant change in the ticket prices until the end of Wintertraum (something that I always found strange). On the other hand, I'm a bit hesitant to believe that this option is the best for them from an economical viewpoint. But maybe... I, personally, wouldn't mind if it turns out to be this way.