What's new

Your Wacky Worm Count.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Zero.

I like vloggers like Coaster Crazy but I don't understand the appeal to ride Wacky Worms and counting them at funfairs towards your coaster credits seems complete nonsense as it's probably the same one you're re-riding mostly.

A Zierer Tivoli, Vekoma family boomerang and Vekoma junior coaster are about the most kiddie type coasters I do these days.
A family boomerang in reverse seems surprisingly intense to me btw.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I don't understand the appeal to ride Wacky Worms and counting them at funfairs towards your coaster credits seems complete nonsense as it's probably the same one you're re-riding mostly.
We have this little thing called the internet to work that out though. For those who do see the appeal, there's always a way to keep track.

Foolishly I don't take my spreadsheet on holiday, so you can have a quantity next week.
Happy now?

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
We have this little thing called the internet to work that out though. For those who do see the appeal, there's always a way to keep track.

Since RCDB doesn't appear to list travelling wacky worms as pointed out and coasterpedia only lists 62 Wacky worms it would be interesting to know how people who add them to their coaster credit count ensure it's not the same one since I reckon many will be exchanged by funfair owners over the years.

Sure, there is always a way to find out, absolutely, but claiming you can only have a precise coaster credit count if you have the internet makes no sense either. People rode coasters and were fanatics well before the internet existed.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Since RCDB doesn't appear to list travelling wacky worms as pointed out and coasterpedia only lists 62 Wacky worms it would be interesting to know how people who add them to their coaster credit count ensure it's not the same one since I reckon many will be exchanged by funfair owners over the years.
Coaster-Count keeps pretty good track of the travelling creds, even if they change hands. So for anyone that wants to count them there is a pretty reliable way to ensure they aren't being double-counted :)

No idea what my count is but I will always ride them if they are at a park. I don't think I've ever gone to a location specifically for one (yet!) although I have been to Treasure Island in Stourport for the Dragon cred which is just as bad...

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Coaster-Count keeps pretty good track of the travelling creds, even if they change hands.
Precisely. Outside of that, you can usually just find out on Facebook pages while the funfairs are active and as long as you know who owns the ride and then keep your own record, you'll know if you've done it before.

Sure, there is always a way to find out, absolutely, but claiming you can only have a precise coaster credit count if you have the internet makes no sense either. People rode coasters and were fanatics well before the internet existed.
Granted this won't work retrospectively if you've been counting before the dawn of the internet, but that doesn't mean it's 'complete nonsense' in the here and now.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I counted... 42, in my list and that's not as many has I was expecting haha. And to think I've actually skipped a few too

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Finally been able to access my spreadsheet again, and I have a grand total of...5.

And a singular Go Gator too, to make me feel even more unclean, but that's for another thread I'm sure...

TilenB

Strata Poster
Damn, this thread makes me feel like a total whore with having ridden 16 Wacky Worms (one of them with spinning trains), 2 Super Dragons and a variant version of a Wacky Worm at only 306 creds. Though I guess doing a lot of Italian funfairs definitely helped with that number. Here's the list;

16 Worms:
1. Brucomela, Lunapark Portorož (2011)
2. Caterpillar, Brean Theme Park (2013)
3. Family Worm, Family Park (2014)
4. Achtbaan, Speelpark Oud Valkeveen (2014)
5. Bugs&Bees, Lambertuskermis Hengelo (2015)
6. The Swinging Coaster (spinning), Gouda Kermis (2015)
7. Fantasy Apple, Weert Kermis (2015)
8. Bruco Mela, Parco Eurolandia (2016)
9. Bruco Mela, New Jesolandia (2016)
10. Crazy Jungle, Pützchens Markt (2016)
11. Willy der Wurm, Pützchens Markt (2016)
12. Goulis, Foire aux Maneges de Lille (2016)
13. Big Apple, Hasselt Kermis (2016)
14. Brucomela, Santa Claus Village (2017)
15. Brucomela, Luna Park Adriatico (2018)
16. Super Brucomela, Strabilia Luna Park (2018)

2 Super Dragons:
1. Dragen, Tivoli Friheden (2013)
2. Grisu, Lunapark Ljubljana (2014)

1 Variant version:
1. Tren de Potosi, Isla Magica (2017)

Four that I'm sure of, possibly more though. I've never gone out of my way to ride them and can't imagine I ever will. Tend to only go on ones with my kids, i can't imagine ever choosing to go on one off my own back.

1. Wallis's Wonderful Wriggling Wirral Worm - New Brighton (many times although my son is now tall enough to go on his own and take his little brother so no more!)
2. Wriggler - Gullivers Warrington
3. Mini Apple - Alton Towers (I don't actually remember this unlike the mini beast but I will have ridden it I'm sure)
4. Crazy Caterpillar - Tir Prince, Towyn

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
21 apparently, based off my grouping criteria. From most recent down to the first;

Fun ParkBig Apple
Familia BertiBruco Mela
Cavellino MattoTopo Zorro
Worlds of FunCosmic Coaster
EnergylandiaFrutti Loop Coaster
Clacton PierWild Mouse
Buwalda, FamilieCrazy Clown
Lightwater ValleyLittle Dipper
Flamingo ParkCaterpillar
DreamlandCounter Culture Caterpillar/Beehive
Southport Pleasureland/Alton TowersBeastie
Luna Park Olu DenizDragon
Tir Prince Family FunfairCrazy Caterpillar
The Milky Way Adventure ParkCosmic Caterpillar
Buwalda, FamilieBig Apple (Fantasy Apple/Santa's Flying Sleigh)
Twinlakes ParkMercury's Mini Coaster
Djurs SommerlandKarlo's Taxi
Great Yarmouth Pleasure BeachBig Apple
Botton's Pleasure BeachBig Apple
Old MacDonald's FarmCrazy Worm
Brean Leisure ParkCaterpillar

Tomatron

Giga Poster
81 & then 82 after today’s little haul from Funder Park and Funland Weston-Super-Mare.

The exclusive club is not far off.

TilenB

Strata Poster
As long as you have more of these than the SBF basic spinners I think its ok. Which was the spinning one?
Well, I think Wacky Worms are still more common in most parts of Europe than SBF Visa spinners (which I only have one of, the one in Skyline Park), so it mostly comes down to that.

The spinning one is the travelling one in The Netherlands that I rode some 5 years ago in Gouda. I don't think there's too many out there, as those were only sold by the Turkish manufacturer DAL (there's another one in a small park they run in Turkey, but that's about it).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Twelve, for me.

Useless without knowing the percentage though, that's the real measure of shame.

1.8%.

:)

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Useless without knowing the percentage though, that's the real measure of shame.
This did cross my mind but I rather hoped it wouldn't come up.

4.5%

To make me feel better, RCDB puts the rough global average at 13.25%.
There's a way to go yet.