What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Another thing may be that some countries have pretty strict laws for what you can actually do with the flag. In Norway, the pattern of the flag is protected by law, and there are certain stipulations that say it must always be presented as a full rectangle, may not be hung without a pole (unless it's over a coffin at a funeral), may not ever touch the ground or be stepped on, and so forth. As a result, it's kind of limited what you can do to the flag, and putting it on a coaster is completely out of the question. Not sure how strict the rules are in other countries, but it could be considered a little too tacky to just plaster it up as decoration anyway.
There's a similar sort of laws in the US, believe it or not. Obviously, none of them are enforced.

Strangely enough, I love The Big One's livery and I can imagine these Intamin trains would look great with a similar livery...yet I would be completely repulsed by any train draped in an American flag livery.

UP87

Mega Poster
There's a similar sort of laws in the US, believe it or not. Obviously, none of them are enforced.
Well there are ways around that. Disney for example supposedly (didn't verify myself) doesn't actually use US flags. The flags are all missing a star or a stripe. This way they don't have to follow the regulations which would include times to half-mast the flag.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well there are ways around that. Disney for example supposedly (didn't verify myself) doesn't actually use US flags. The flags are all missing a star or a stripe. This way they don't have to follow the regulations which would include times to half-mast the flag.
I'm thinking more along the lines of using the flag design on clothing or other for-profit products like napkins and paper plates, or modifications to the flag's design, like the thin blue/red/gray line flag design.

emoo

Hyper Poster

Another theory is most the flags along main street are based on the era that street is themed on. Thank you Rob Plays! Disney do of course have the 1 fully up to date flag with its own ceremony each day.

There is something special waiting in Cedar Point for the park to open with the national anthem playing, flag waving and gatekeeper whooshing by in its morning test run. Its also hilarious to be driven through the middle of no where and suddenly come across a couple dozen decorative flags on a plot.

I think the Union Jack is supposed to represent how the British Empire travelled around the world, just kind of sitting in places and then moving.

Just like this coaster did.
Nice!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
And patently untrue. No matter if you don't like Flamingo Land it is clearly not the worst park in the UK.
I'd argue that has the worst general operations of any park in the UK that I've been to, having said that though I'd rather go to FL than the likes of LWV.

A management and staff change (or a buyout from a theme park chain such as Looping) would solve most of the park's problems imo.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I'd argue that has the worst general operations of any park in the UK that I've been to, having said that though I'd rather go to FL than the likes of LWV.

A management and staff change (or a buyout from a theme park chain such as Looping) would solve most of the park's problems imo.
I don't think a buyout is necessary providing operations can be brought in line with market expectations. Easily done through an efficient management structure and consistent processes. The problem is culture - and culture change is not quick and can be difficult !! But it must be started to have any effect at all ?

Pierre

Strata Poster
I don't think a buyout is necessary providing operations can be brought in line with market expectations. Easily done through an efficient management structure and consistent processes. The problem is culture - and culture change is not quick and can be difficult !! But it must be started to have any effect at all ?

I think culture change in a place with seasonal staff can be more of an efficient process than in most places but there never seems to be a desire for culture change. Quite happy with piss poor operations.

owenjohn

Roller Poster
Just a quick heads up on the new coaster, It's in the same state as it was in the middle of last year.Obviously we don't know when the parks are going to reopen, I would guess the ride probably won't be open until at least June.

Will

Strata Poster
Tedious. I too was eyeing this up as a destination as soon as parks re-open, but then I wouldn't say I'm devastated to wait a little longer.

Obviously, construction work etc. won't have been the easiest over the last few months with lockdowns, restrictions and **** weather to boot. Hope I do get the cred this year though :)

I can't see it being ready by summer given that there is still a lot of work to do and there have only been zoo staff at the park since before christmas.

The priority will be getting all the other rides ready as quickly as possible if the park does manage to reopen at the start of the season.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's being reported on the FL Crazy Facebook page that the "coming 2021" has been removed from all the marketing. One commenter (appearing as though he's 'in the know') has said that they we're having various problems with last year and that nobody other than zoo staff have been onsite since. It's apparently still in the same shape it was left in last Summer.

Facebook though, so take it with a pinch of salt, although most people on that page seem to be caravan owners or members of staff...

Over in Poland, they build the worlds tallest ground up RMC wooden hybrid coaster, it gets knocked down by a hurricane, they rebuild it again, all in the space of a few months...

Meanwhile... Yorkshire, England...

It's being reported on the FL Crazy Facebook page that the "coming 2021" has been removed from all the marketing. One commenter (appearing as though he's 'in the know') has said that they we're having various problems with last year and that nobody other than zoo staff have been onsite since. It's apparently still in the same shape it was left in last Summer.

Facebook though, so take it with a pinch of salt, although most people on that page seem to be caravan owners or members of staff...

Over in Poland, they build the worlds tallest ground up RMC wooden hybrid coaster, it gets knocked down by a hurricane, they rebuild it again, all in the space of a few months...

Meanwhile... Yorkshire, England...

We did make some progress on it after summer, just not much.

The park has literally run out of money, to the point where a few rides are potentially going to be sold off. The new ride is at the bottom of a very long list of priorities at the moment.
I'll be able to carry on working on it when time and money allows once everything else is back up and running. For now though I am just thankful to still have a park to go to.