What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Will

Strata Poster
I'm not generally a fan of vlogging and sure, the over-the-top style and endless publicising grates, but I've actually developed a grudging respect for TPW over the last few months. I enjoy theme parks as much as the next goon, but the effort those videos must require as well as maintaining that level of enthusiasm is in some way commendable.

I've also enjoyed having a semi-reliable source for'when are things re-opening' updates and endless footage of much-missed parks - yes, that's how boring I've found lockdown...
?

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
If that guy brushed up on his coaster terminology just a bit, he would be pretty good at reporting on more of them I reckon. ?

Smithy

Strata Poster
No idea if it's new but channel five showing a behind the scenes at Legoland Windsor right now.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Bit of a difference in the 2 'behind-the-scenes' parks shows currently available. Watched Disney+ show The Imagineering Story last night, in which a DisneyWorld animator had a massive board of buttons in order to create an Abraham Lincoln figure that moved and performed like a real person and could deliver an important speech that defined a nation. Then I watched the Channel 5 documentary in which a Legoland animator put some rocks under a plastic frog so riders on the Log Flume didn't get too wet. Ahhh, that old Merlin magic!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Not a ‘coaster’ programme as such, but this still feels like the most relevant thread.

A documentary called ‘Class Action Park’ (clue in the title) premiered on HBO in the US today...

How the hell can I watch it in the UK without VPNs... No sign of it on Atlantic!!!

Reactions: Dar

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Aww man, I distinctly remember blue peter or another BBC kids show going to Cedar Point to show off Raptor and Mantis... lost to the eons of time sadly as I can’t find anything from a brief google search :[

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I enjoyed Class Action Park, definitely worth a watch, some stories and inside information not covered in the various Youtube videos covering the subject.

Littlebrotoby

Roller Poster
Haven’t seen this one on the forum before (sorry if I’m re-posting) just watched a really cool documentary about Phantasialand.

Unfortunately it’s all in German, but it still shows some really cool behind the scenes shots of the rides, shows and shops!

Peet

Giga Poster
Haven’t seen this one on the forum before (sorry if I’m re-posting) just watched a really cool documentary about Phantasialand.

Unfortunately it’s all in German, but it still shows some really cool behind the scenes shots of the rides, shows and shops!

That was well worth a watch for the drone footage alone

CoasterB

Roller Poster
I'm looking for an old documentary. maybe from around 1994? I used to have it on VHS when i was a kid. Its was about nemesis and the building of it with john W and i remember there being a click or a bit about the 'Bone shaker' at AT when it was red. The doc also had sections on building the Big one and how they transported the support structure on the British roads etc. anyone know what it was called?