What's new

Where is the dry water ride category headed in the near future?

TheCoasterNerd9213

Roller Poster
Their have been some pretty nice additions of dry water rides Recently added to two parks in the US Silver Dollar City hot Mystic River Falls with newer technology and SeaWorld Orlando received Infinity Falls both which are newer versions of raft rapids rides do you think we will see more of these in their future plus in terms of splashdown rides where are they headed the two that I have pictured here were recently released by Intamin which failed with Shoot the Rapids flume ride at cedar point do you think Intamin is trying to make a comeback with these two right here they are being labeled as coasters though strangely not water rides. And as for log rides/flume rides will we see more of these types of water rides being one seater traditional log rides or will we see 2 seater flumes so riders will be more comfortable because one seater log rides the older ones can be very rough. What do you all think are the log rides/flume rides, splashdown rides, raft rides have they all come to an end or will we see more created?

Attachments

• 3045E6A6-BE63-499F-A278-906C699901A2.jpeg
    3045E6A6-BE63-499F-A278-906C699901A2.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
  • EF6716F2-997D-4016-8A80-89461F97058F.jpeg
    EF6716F2-997D-4016-8A80-89461F97058F.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 22

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sending this to the General Discussion forum as it seems more appropriate there.

Also, it would be nice if you put a little more punctuation into your writing.

Matt N

CF Legend
Great topic idea! Personally, I think things like water coasters could become far more popular in the dry water ride sector; things like the Mack PowerSplash seem to be becoming very popular recently, and as you say, enhanced rapids rides like Infinity Falls and Mystic River Falls seem to be becoming popular, so I could see many parks replacing their older rapids rides with these in the years to come!

Matt N

CF Legend
what exactly is a "dry water ride" then? neither of those look particularly dry!
I think they mean water rides outside of water parks. There’s often confusion between water rides in theme parks and water rides in water parks, especially in America where many parks include their waterpark free with admission.

emoo

Hyper Poster
There are supersplashes with a lid on them. Fairly dumb so don't expect to see that again.

Fi

Mega Poster
I think it’s a safety issue with the traditional style log flumes etc. The splashdown style are higher thrill but also far lower risk of stupid people standing up and falling out.

There are supersplashes with a lid on them. Fairly dumb so don't expect to see that again.
But they offer the thrill of the ride without the misery of being soaked for the rest of the day. They’re great!

UP87

Mega Poster
I think it’s a safety issue with the traditional style log flumes etc. The splashdown style are higher thrill but also far lower risk of stupid people standing up and falling out.
Look at Chiapas. Traditional log flumes can have a restraint.

Fi

Mega Poster
Look at Chiapas. Traditional log flumes can have a restraint.
I don’t know the technicalities at all, but does that mean that people would potentially be trapped if the boat were to sink? With the water coasters it’s a rail over the water rather than floating so there is much risk of it going under and the park being sued due to riders actions.

UP87

Mega Poster
I'm pretty sure that that this has been thought of. The German TÜV signed the ride off. I'm pretty certain you won't die on it that easily :)

TheCoasterNerd9213

Roller Poster
Do you think the days of splashdown rides, log flumes, and shoot the chutes are over and now we will see all of those older water rides removed from the parks what will be replaced by them do you think if they were to come up with a new idea of a water ride?