What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So this video basically confirms a Mack launch coaster, a wooden coaster, a mine train, possibly a Mack water coaster, what looks like a long family coaster or mega coaster and a pair of (I think) S&S towers or other drop rides. But what I think interests me the most is the woodie. If you look closely, it looks like it will feature a vertical loop.

Really hope the launch coaster will be themed to the Sonic movie.

Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
That video is a time-share sales pitch! (and its at least 6 months old)

Also note that thread on ThemeParx says "This concept art is for The London Resort and/or Paramount Park Kunming" (I would think referring to the ride images rather than the video grabs tho')

Some interesting pics though in the video - screen grabbed a couple more. Think y'all should treat the images very much as concept-art, don't seem to match other recent-ish concept art we've seen?

tmp.jpg

tmp.jpgtmp.jpg

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
That seems very ‘paramount’ Matt... Are they the lead IP once more? Can’t see anything bbc, itv etc...
I think they may be, but I’m not 100% sure. They could just have shown the Paramount bits, and the hotel website that it links to looks legitimate and up to date, as it details the partnership with Radisson that was signed fairly recently, and it also describes the same stats that the developers are describing in the press (for example, “two theme parks”, “Europe’s largest waterpark” and “70% undercover”, which as it turns out, refers to the Resort as a whole as opposed to the theme park).

However, I apologise if the video is 6 months old; I thought it was fairly recent! I must ask; what’s a timeshare scheme?

I know that some holiday parks (e.g. Hoburne) do sell holiday cottages in a similar manner, so I guess this type of thing isn’t unheard of in the tourism & leisure industry, but it’s the first time I’ve ever seen any theme park let people buy hotel rooms.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Assuming we are optimistic now (4 years??), any clips of rides from other parks or animations will still just be be used as examples, not any confirmation of the type that will happen. They might, but that will be more of a coincidence given any precise ideas can and should evolve for any number of reasons.

Timeshares also have a reputation of a scam that's real - sounds good but costs more than you'd think and is limited more than you'd like.

Matt N

CF Legend
Someone from RideRater attended the first webinar held by the London Resort developers, and they’ve done a great article summarising 7 things we learnt about the project: https://riderater.co.uk/8325/london-resort-consultation-7-things-we-learned/

These are:
  1. There will be connections from Central London, using 400-capacity slipper boats along the River Thames.
  2. The IP partner for the second gate has not even been decided yet, while the partners for the first are “under constant review”.
  3. The team is looking “across the world” at rollercoaster manufacturers and concepts, in order to bring “new, bespoke and interesting” rides.
  4. £70million has been spent so far, which includes payment to IP partners.
  5. The team have said that they are “very determined” to see the project through to completion, adding that it “absolutely is” going to happen.
  6. The Resort will have “drone-based fireworks displays” as opposed to traditional pyrotechnics.
  7. Businesses who currently occupy the land will be offered up to 30% extra on top of the land value.

rob666

Hyper Poster
So this video basically confirms a Mack launch coaster, a wooden coaster, a mine train, possibly a Mack water coaster, what looks like a long family coaster or mega coaster and a pair of (I think) S&S towers or other drop rides. But what I think interests me the most is the woodie. If you look closely, it looks like it will feature a vertical loop.

Really hope the launch coaster will be themed to the Sonic movie.
The video confirms nothing at all, apart from a desire to build.
There is no woodie, there is no vertical loop, there is nothing at all apart from a desire to build, and a lot of hope, in our worst economic crisis ever.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Have you guys had a chin-wag at the consultation files? Think they're going for a 'drown you with information' approach. There is so much stuff, and sure, its boiled down into cute little snippets, but there are so many little snippets you get lost. Fair play to them for materialising more stuff that seems fairly legitimate (although boo at using footage from a different park concept) but yea, jus wondering what others think of the new consultation media stuffs.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That video is a time-share sales pitch! (and its at least 6 months old)

Also note that thread on ThemeParx says "This concept art is for The London Resort and/or Paramount Park Kunming" (I would think referring to the ride images rather than the video grabs tho')

Some interesting pics though in the video - screen grabbed a couple more. Think y'all should treat the images very much as concept-art, don't seem to match other recent-ish concept art we've seen?

View attachment 9156

View attachment 9155View attachment 9157
Those overview images on the video are very much all from Paramount Kunming in China. A project that has already broken ground (unlike this one) and which will probably open in 2023 (unlike this one)

Here are some of the promotional images from that park. Which you can clearly see contained within the overviews above.

So yeah they can't even use their own parks art for their own videos ?

image-001.jpg0635-iumkapw2464149.pngimage-004.jpgimage-007.jpgimage-005.jpg

Niles

Giga Poster
More concept art from the London resort, i wonder how long the people behind this can keep getting paid before they break ground or cancel this project.
1602507367214.png
Some quotes from the news article below:

The new image of the much-anticipated resort appears to show at least eight rollercoasters, a flume water ride, a pyramid and what seems like a fortress.

A large blue building also features, prompting the possibility that an aquarium may also feature.

The area on which the resort is being built is currently an industrial site and spans across 872 acres.

The park will feature a 2,000-seat theatre, more than 50 rides and attractions and a huge nightclub.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rt-theme-park-dubbed-Britains-Disneyland.html