What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The latest update I saw showed the ride completed from the first valley to the top of the crows nest turn. I'd be surprised if they didn't complete the ride through the next turn, to be completely honest.

Doublethink

Roller Poster
Hopefully we see them work to get as much finished as possible before this order comes into effect. Hopefully they work though the night tonight and tomorrow- could see them getting a fair amount finished by that point

Edward M

Strata Poster

I'm actually quite glad this is happening. I've been hating to see construction updates on any coasters currently. As important as these coasters may seem to us, they're about as non-essential as construction gets. The idea that these people are putting both their own lives and the lives of anyone they are in contact with in danger for a coaster that may not even open this year got under my skin a bit. Hope other states and countries follow this lead and halt any coaster construction until this is under more control.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Welp...

Maybe they'll ramp up the pace of track installation to get as much done by Friday as possible?
They're probably working as fast as they can already - time is money and all that, so they probably always stick to the "as fast as reasonably possible" tempo as a default. If it had been possible to work faster, there would have to be a slack in the schedule, which means they would be working less efficiently than they could be, which is bad business.

And I wouldn't count on them doing extra work to proceed as far as possible by Friday. Rather the opposite, in fact. I rather think they'd shift the focus onto logistics of shutting the site down as efficiently as possible. Put a tarp over everything that shouldn't be rained on, tie down anything the wind could take away, hand back anything they've hired and are paying daily rates for (cranes, lifts, cherry pickers and such), lock up valuable equipment, ensure that the site's drainage is working properly, store materials so they don't sag under their own weight, make sure stuff isn't lying directly on the ground, shut the power off, lock the site office, and sort out whatever paperwork they can before everyone has to go home. Six Flags probably won't mind construction slowing for a while, but there could be some issues with the next job the construction crew is already booked for.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They're probably working as fast as they can already - time is money and all that, so they probably always stick to the "as fast as reasonably possible" tempo as a default. If it had been possible to work faster, there would have to be a slack in the schedule, which means they would be working less efficiently than they could be, which is bad business.
I'm thinking maybe we need to add the s-word to the list of censored words...

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster

And I wouldn't count on them doing extra work to proceed as far as possible by Friday. Rather the opposite, in fact. I rather think they'd shift the focus onto logistics of shutting the site down as efficiently as possible. Put a tarp over everything that shouldn't be rained on, tie down anything the wind could take away, hand back anything they've hired and are paying daily rates for (cranes, lifts, cherry pickers and such), lock up valuable equipment, ensure that the site's drainage is working properly, store materials so they don't sag under their own weight, make sure stuff isn't lying directly on the ground, shut the power off, lock the site office, and sort out whatever paperwork they can before everyone has to go home. Six Flags probably won't mind construction slowing for a while, but there could be some issues with the next job the construction crew is already booked for.
*insert sarcasm* How dare you reply with logic! ;)

All great points that I clearly didn't think of because I want to ride this as quickly as possible after the park (hopefully) opens.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Latest rumor is that this is getting pushed back to 2021 and that the only new Six Flags additions that will open in 2020 will be Aquaman, SFM Crazanity, SFOG Gotham City, and SFA Harley Quinn. I saw this on Facebook, so proceed cautiously with this info.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Latest rumor is that this is getting pushed back to 2021 and that the only new Six Flags additions that will open in 2020 will be Aquaman, SFM Crazanity, SFOG Gotham City, and SFA Harley Quinn. I saw this on Facebook, so proceed cautiously with this info.

Perfectly logical. Man, I hate 2020.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Can you send that post into here because last I heard it, this was one of the attractions still opening in 2020

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
1591893615691.png

I don't particularly understand why Jersey Devil wouldn't open this year since most of the structure is built, should be essentially paid in full (the ride itself, not construction), and it's the most significant attraction that the chain is adding. If this is the case, there must be some external factors pushing back the timing.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
View attachment 8553

I don't particularly understand why Jersey Devil wouldn't open this year since most of the structure is built, should be essentially paid in full (the ride itself, not construction), and it's the most significant attraction that the chain is adding. If this is the case, there must be some external factors pushing back the timing.

Might be because NJ still hasn't cleared any parks to open. Might not be worth it to only have it open for a short period of time.