What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster
This seems to have Camiel Bilsen's (a young designer at Intamin) fingerprints all over it. While I'm not one for an all black colour scheme this ride could be something special.
A friend of mine spoke to Camiel at IAAPA last year and he did design this ride! He said it was his favorite layout he's ever done.

Looks like more track is being delivered right now

UP87

Mega Poster
One concern though, is this the same track as Hyperion? And how much of Hyperion's vibration, under certain conditions, do we think could be attributed to the track? Having said that, Taron is not always ‘silky smooth.’
I haven't been to Energylandia. But I heard of the rattle and mentioned it in some thread. Someone who had been there said it's only one of the two trains. So it seems the reason for the rattle is a train they handled in some unknown bad way and not the new track.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Hyperion's rattle appears to come fully from the trains, not the track. The manufacturing for the track is advanced enough to bring a smooth result.
Hyperion has a slight rattle on the inner seats, and is extremely shaky on the outer ones starting at row 2. Row 1 outside is pretty fine (allthough not close to be as smooth as the inner seats). The shakiness felt on its (pointless) floater hill appears to be from the wheels as well, which might be the new Intamin rattle. Taron has the same "rattle" to it.
But judging from the pictures, I highly doubt that this layout will use the wide trains, but instead the 2 seaters as seen on Taron, Red Force or Pantheon.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Camiel is part of a really exciting new generation of young designers at the big firms who come from the enthusiast community and who have been responsible for a lot of recent designs. Benjamin Bloemendaal at Vekoma is another and his work can be seen on a lot of Vekoma's new designs that are pushing the envelope there like the Firestorms and Shockwave coasters. Alex Tanner is another exciting young engineer from the NL2 scene who now works Premier Rides and i believe Mack also hired a prominent NL2 designer although i forget their name. ( @Coaster Hipster i seem to remember you know more here )

On a side point Camiel is an absolutely lovely guy whos really into what he does. His influence can be seen across the board with the crazy new elements on some of Intamins new designs. We had dinner last year in Luxembourg and had a good chat about VH Coasters which was a pretty humbling experience for me.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Camiel is part of a really exciting new generation of young designers at the big firms who come from the enthusiast community and who have been responsible for a lot of recent designs. Benjamin Bloemendaal at Vekoma is another and his work can be seen on a lot of Vekoma's new designs that are pushing the envelope there like the Firestorms and Shockwave coasters. Alex Tanner is another exciting young engineer from the NL2 scene who now works Premier Rides and i believe Mack also hired a prominent NL2 designer although i forget their name. ( @Coaster Hipster i seem to remember you know more here )

On a side point Camiel is an absolutely lovely guy whos really into what he does. His influence can be seen across the board with the crazy new elements on some of Intamins new designs. We had dinner last year in Luxembourg and had a good chat about VH Coasters which was a pretty humbling experience for me.

You're on point!
Mack did hire a young enthusiast coming from the NL2 scene, Stephan Alt. He goes by AltLenny on the internet and created the FVD++ tool if I'm correct.

While we're on that topic of passionate young engineers, some shameless self-promotion seems appropriate:

I interviewed Camiel back at EAS 18. It's very fascinating to see how he matured into an amusement professional and kept his passion. Very inspiring for all of us I'd say!

Matt N

CF Legend
Is Camiel Bilsen the reason why many of Intamin’s current designs (e.g. Pantheon, Parc Asterix Blitz, Walibi Belgium hyper, IOA Blitz) seem to have a bit of an RMC influence about them?

Very encouraging to hear him say that it’s his favourite layout he’s ever done, though; certainly excites me even more about the thought of potentially riding it in 2021!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is Camiel Bilsen the reason why many of Intamin’s current designs (e.g. Pantheon, Parc Asterix Blitz, Walibi Belgium hyper, IOA Blitz) seem to have a bit of an RMC influence about them?
Yes and no. If you look at the type of elements Mack, Intamin, S&S, Vekoma, Premier and even B&M (looking at you, Candymonium helix exit) are starting to come out with now they are all much more dynamic - you could say RMC-esque - than their historic designs. I think it's an industry wide shift, being lead by talented designers and engineers across many firms. By no means trying discredit Camiel and his work here, by the way, but just point out that Intamin aren't alone in this trend.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes and no. If you look at the type of elements Mack, Intamin, S&S, Vekoma, Premier and even B&M (looking at you, Candymonium helix exit) are starting to come out with now they are all much more dynamic - you could say RMC-esque - than their historic designs. I think it's an industry wide shift, being lead by talented designers and engineers across many firms. By no means trying discredit Camiel and his work here, by the way, but just point out that Intamin aren't alone in this trend.
Ah, so it’s more of an industry trend started by RMC. Thanks for the clarification @Hixee!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Even better, the park managers who order the rides from these aspiring new designers may also have started out in enthusiast circles, and can approach them from the riders' perspective. I know about a couple of CFers who climbed the ladder on the park side of things far enough that they might have a say in what attractions their parks could be buying next, and who certainly have the coaster counts to recognize quality. Gone are the days when a designer would present a coaster layout with two loop-de-loops and a helix, consider it a well made piece of work, and sell it to a park manager who'd never ever set foot in it.

...or, well, in the big parks, at least. Somewere out there a sucker must have contracted a Volare from Zamperla, thinking he has found the perfect attraction for his little park.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Going back to track selection, I know Phantasia asked for the older track for a more airy feel so that the theming was the dominating element of Klugheim, rather than the coaster. The newer track (as mentioned in the interview video above) is more economical and much more versatile.

And on the enthusiasts growing into the undustry; I know gerst has hired some of the NL2 community in recent years for help in layout design & new technologies too. Quite a cool trend to see so many younger enthusiasts literally take the reigns. Exciting times.

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
This thing looks evil and I love it. Wasn't a big fan of the full black scheme, but that last picture by bioreconstruct made it really click for me.

A full view:
1591217603943.png
The missing element is shaping up to be an unbanking hill, similar to the one on I305 after the large airtime hill:
1591217616298.png
Decent chance it doesn't unbank all the way to 0 degrees, but something similar is my guess.