What's new

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

Matt N

CF Legend
Candymonium is looking absolutely phenomenal! The airtime over the hills should be breathtaking, and the pacing looks pretty good, too! Is it just me, or do some of the more recent B&M hypers built, like Shambhala, Mako and this, look faster paced than some of the earlier ones?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't know if I've ever been so delighted by testing footage. I'm honestly surprised that the ride is running that fast. I am afraid that we'll eventually see a fairly significant trim at some point that will suck a lot of life out of the second half, but even then it should still be a great ride whenever it opens.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Typical, on the day I should be flying out to the US for a 3 week trip including Hershey, this starts testing.....

Does look very good though, just have to wait until my US trip is able to be re-arranged to be able to ride it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
A lot of that footage has been sped up to be fair.
Are you sure? If you are, what are the tells? I watched multiple videos a few times over looking for any signs that'd suggest the videos were sped up but all I saw was a bird that might be flying by a bit too fast in one single clip as the train traversed the hammerhead. Despite this, the hammerhead is featured in multiple videos which all seem to corroborate the same story. The audio also sounds genuine in each video - the pitch of the ride's roar sounds accurate for a B&M, and the videos where voices are present in the background sound normal as well.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
if B&M were to go to a house party, they're the kind to sit in the corner with a cup of tea asking where the scones are.
The exit to that helix is them adding another sugar to their tea, just 'so they get on everyone elses level'...
Meanwhile, in the garden, RMC, Vekoma & Intamin are seeing who can snort the most ketamine without dying.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Are you sure? If you are, what are the tells? I watched multiple videos a few times over looking for any signs that'd suggest the videos were sped up but all I saw was a bird that might be flying by a bit too fast in one single clip as the train traversed the hammerhead. Despite this, the hammerhead is featured in multiple videos which all seem to corroborate the same story. The audio also sounds genuine in each video - the pitch of the ride's roar sounds accurate for a B&M, and the videos where voices are present in the background sound normal as well.
The video Hershey posted is definitely sped up. Look at the the train warp at the bottom of the first drop. The other video I posted on the last page is the unedited speed and you can see that it is not running that fast if you play them together.

Sandman

Giga Poster

It's not hugely sped up to the point where it's incredibly noticeable, but there are a few tells. The bird is one, some of the micro movements in the camera also give it away. Sound wouldn't be that noticeable when sped up only slightly, and the music helps hide it. I can't comment on any other videos, but the one linked at the bottom of the previous page has been increased slightly.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I struggle to believe they would intentionally speed up a video like that for the purposes of ‘tricking people’ like us that are either going to ride it or be interested regardless.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Well, they've sped it up. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.
Do you not think that the effect of being sped-up is a result of them stitching several clips together (each being shot at a different distance) and them not being edited together so that the beginning of one clip is not exactly at the ending of the other?

Two clips are obviously stitched together on the first drop because the camera zooms in.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Do you not think that the effect of being sped-up is a result of them stitching several clips together (each being shot at a different distance) and them not being edited together so that the beginning of one clip is not exactly at the ending of the other?

That wouldn't give the effect of faster motion. It's not a big deal that they've chosen to speed it up but since quite a few people are impressed with how fast the thing looks on it's test runs, it's worth pointing out that the clips themselves have been slightly ramped up, probably for added effect.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hershey's own video has clearly been sped up, but none of the other videos of the coaster testing made by other people have been.

The coaster still goes pretty quick through some elements, especially the overbank, without the video being sped up.

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's some really nice testing footage. Lots of good angles too. Really hope I get to ride it this year!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Two magnetic trim brakes are clearly seen in that footage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the magnetic brakes are fixed and always trim. Despite that, this still looks to be the fastest paced B&M hyper yet.