What's new

No Six Flags Dubai...for now.

Ben

CF Legend
^ That's cool if they're expanding beyond capitol bullet train, it defo felt like that area needed expanding. Infact the whole park felt like it still needed a signature attraction and something to freshen it up since opening. I hope they choose something less "off the shelf" like most rides in the area.

There’s a lot of big, white Intamin track behind Capitol and a lot of construction going on - or at least there was in September - take this with a pinch of salt, but we were told when we were there it was going to be the worlds tallest. I don’t know if that’ll literally mean bigger than Ka but I imagine it means at least pretty substantial!

Theme Park Plan

Roller Poster
There’s a lot of big, white Intamin track behind Capitol and a lot of construction going on - or at least there was in September - take this with a pinch of salt, but we were told when we were there it was going to be the worlds tallest. I don’t know if that’ll literally mean bigger than Ka but I imagine it means at least pretty substantial!
Was there in February and didn't seem to be anymore than footings I think when I was there so haven't got very far.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Oh that's exciting! Not excited for ANOTHER massive white Intamin in the area (on about colour, I'd love to see an Intamin). Is there any pictures of the track?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Gotta be white, otherwise the desert sun will bleach it to be white anyway.

Also, wouldn't it be strange for them to buy the world's tallest coaster without marketing the heck out of it? I mean, the sole reason to build a record-breaker is to draw attention and guests to the park. They're not doing it to please the people who are already inside the gates and having a stroll around to see what the attractions are like. It's a marketing asset first and foremost, so it sounds strange that they wouldn't use it as such.

Of course, a strata coaster uses approximately the same amount of energy as a small town and probably costs a fortune in maintenance otherwise, so they might have reasons to delay the construction until better economic times. It's still kind of strange that something like this would happen in secret, though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, who did you speak to @Ben? Was it someone high up in management?

It would certainly be pretty fantastic for Motiongate to have the world's tallest coaster; it would give them a real standout ride in their collection! If it is an Intamin, then I'd guess it will be something along the lines of Red Force at Ferrari Land, with an LSM launch. Hydraulic launches sort of died out after the late 2000s, so I'd be very surprised if this ends up having a hydraulic launch.

Come to think of it, I remember there being rumours of Six Flags Dubai having a Kingda Ka-beating coaster before that was cancelled, so if this thing of Motiongate & Bollywood receiving the rides intended for Six Flags Dubai ends up materialising, then a record-breaking Intamin for Motiongate sounds quite plausible!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Are you sure it was Intamin track? I know in mid 2019 there were at least 2 coasters stored behind capitol bullet train.
One was an S&S Freespin with green track and black supports and one is a bit less clear cut but is thought to be a maurer spinning coaster with white track and blue supports. (Its perfectly possible Intamin track was added after of course)

Heres some images from the previous page of this thread showing those two coasters
Dubb2.JPG
S&S Freespin

Dubb1.JPG
Possible Maurer coaster

Those can also be clearly seen in this satellite view. Does that match up with your memory?
Dubb3.JPG

Theres also a few other coasters spread around.
For example to the south of the old Six Flags site we have this unknown red coaster as well as possibly bits for the power splash in blue and maybe even some more black bits for a different a bit further up
Dubb4.JPG

Then over behind Bollywood theres these interesting looking bits as well
Dubb5.JPG

All these satellite images are a little old now (mid 2019) and we know theres been quite a bit of groundwork at Bollywood at least since then.
Hopefully soon we might get some better views.

Ben

CF Legend
It was the marketing manager we were talking to - so not a Dippin Dots guy.

That’s the area where the track was, but it was closer to the park than that stuff - didn’t see any of the other so maybe they’ve moved? And it was defo Intamin - it had that track spine Red Force has you can tell a mile off. It also had what loooooked like LSMs or brakes or magnets of some sort but honestly hard to tell exactly what.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It was the marketing manager we were talking to - so not a Dippin Dots guy.

That’s the area where the track was, but it was closer to the park than that stuff - didn’t see any of the other so maybe they’ve moved? And it was defo Intamin - it had that track spine Red Force has you can tell a mile off. It also had what loooooked like LSMs or brakes or magnets of some sort but honestly hard to tell exactly what.

Thanks for clarifying. Interesting.

The Maurer and the S&S are still in the same place as of the 3 days ago. The white/blue and green/black blobs are still clearly visible on the ESA Sentinal passes from then.

However scrolling back through the passes. Neither is visible on the 1st of September 2019 but by the 6th it seems blue supports show up. The S&S and rest of the Maurer appear to be fully there by the 26th. The Maurer is then moved back slightly at the beginning of October for some reason.
Heres a Sentinal shot from October 11th last year
Dubb6.JPG

Its easy to see the maurer as the blue stands out quite clearly. The green of the S&S is a bit harder to spot but you can sort of see it here. White and black are somewhat harder to differentiate thanks to the white concrete squares for future buildings and other crap in the area.

What would be handy is some recent drone footage. (I can dream)
Whatever the story with all these rides its clear Bollywood is getting its update first. Theres been a ton of work around that park recently so hopefully we might see some sort of announcement soon.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this, but Bollywood Park now has a 217m Mack PowerSplash (Pulsar clone) listed on RCDB as opening in 2020, presumably the one intended for Six Flags Dubai: https://rcdb.com/18311.htm

It is said to be part of a large expansion to the northwest of the park.

Intestingly, he lists it as having a multi-pass LIM launch, when all the other PowerSplash models have LSM launches. Have Mack done something differently with this one?

Again, if this is the wrong topic, a mod can move this post if they want.

cookie

Giga Poster
I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this, but Bollywood Park now has a 217m Mack PowerSplash (Pulsar clone) listed on RCDB as opening in 2020, presumably the one intended for Six Flags Dubai: https://rcdb.com/18311.htm

Interestingly, he lists it as having a multi-pass LIM launch, when all the other PowerSplash models have LSM launches. Have Mack done something differently with this one?
I wouldn't bet on it being anything more than an error on RCDB's part. I don't see why Mack would pivot to a system that hasn't been applied to a coaster in close to a decade.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I wonder if that was what the Six Flags Dubai entrance coaster was going to be - I did hear from a construction video that the manufacturer was NOT B&M - or if it's not, then which park might be receiving the entrance coaster.

Intestingly, he lists it as having a multi-pass LIM launch, when all the other PowerSplash models have LSM launches. Have Mack done something differently with this one?

Again, if this is the wrong topic, a mod can move this post if they want.
This is interesting! I had originally been told that Aquaman: Power Wave at Six Flags Over Texas was the PowerSplash manufactured for Six Flags Dubai before the park was cancelled; however, this disproves that theory.

Matt N

CF Legend
On an unrelated note, since when has Parques Reunidos operated both Motiongate and Bollywood Park?: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=3&po=12492

It might already have been common knowledge, but it's news to me; I thought DXB Entertainment still operated them both?
EDIT: I take that back; it turns out that PR has operated both since they first opened.

On another note, what attractions are actually up for grabs from the former Six Flags Dubai project? I know there's the Mack PowerSplash which Bollywood is getting, the mystery Intamin that @Ben spoke about, an S&S Freespin and a mystery white and blue coaster, but are there any others that haven't turned up yet? I remember hearing rumblings of a large GCI, but that seems to have vanished.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Didn't SF Dubai feature a Goliath RMC clone?
No. None of the six Flags parks outside the US were due to get an RMC. The woodie in all 3 is a GCI design.

On another note, what attractions are actually up for grabs from the former Six Flags Dubai project? I know there's the Mack PowerSplash which Bollywood is getting, the mystery Intamin that @Ben spoke about, an S&S Freespin and a mystery white and blue coaster, but are there any others that haven't turned up yet? I remember hearing rumblings of a large GCI, but that seems to have vanished.
I refer you to my post at the top of this page with the images of a couple of the rides and the aerials. That's all that is known really.

But if you want it broke down into easy to read chunks.
One S&S Free Spin
One Mack Power Splash
One presumed Maurer spinner (white and blue track)
One GCI wooden coaster
One unknown red coaster
One unknown Intamin coaster
Whatever else those bits are in the satellite images

Matt N

CF Legend
No. None of the six Flags parks outside the US were due to get an RMC. The woodie in all 3 is a GCI design.

I refer you to my post at the top of this page with the images of a couple of the rides and the aerials. That's all that is known really.

But if you want it broke down into easy to read chunks.
One S&S Free Spin
One Mack Power Splash
One presumed Maurer spinner (white and blue track)
One GCI wooden coaster
One unknown red coaster
One unknown Intamin coaster
Whatever else those bits are in the satellite images
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @roomraider; I take it the parts for the GCI haven't arrived yet, as I can't see any wood in the aerial images?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @roomraider; I take it the parts for the GCI haven't arrived yet, as I can't see any wood in the aerial images?
I believe they are in Dubai. But as to where I don't know. They dont appear to be on the Six Flags site but I believe the plan is it will go up at Bollywood at some point.

As a small tangent. There is apparently currently a custom Maurer Spinner for sale on the 2nd hand market. I assumed it was either the one at Respublika in Ukraine that never opened or the one at Shaoxing in China that has been sat around unbuilt for a few years. But it could possibly be the one here if there are no plans for DXB to build it now.