What's new

First park you’ll be going to

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I really do hope you’ll be able too go!! If not least you can still go later on in the year!
we can’t wait too go back
Me too, though I’m much less confident of foreign travel than I am of UK parks reopening... Might just have to stick to UK parks over summer and head to EL later...

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'd like to say it'll be Six Flags Great America closely followed by Cedar Point at the end of August but I'm doubtful to say the least... So maybe Alton or Thorpe for a Halloween event :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Depends on which U.S. parks getting new coasters open first, although I doubt any will be hosting media days.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Depending on how quickly parks reopen, we will be visiting Minnesota and Wisconsin end of May/June - so could pick up Valleyfair or Mt. Olympus if open. Otherwise, will visit Kings Island to pick up Orion.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ideally, I'd love for Disneyland to be the first park I'd go to. It's been a good while since I've been, and I'm dying to see Star Wars Land. However, it'll most likely be Six Flags Great Adventure. With Jersey Devil (hopefully) opening up, it's an obvious choice for me.

I will be honest though, I am probably going to wait a while until I return to a park. Even if they open quickly after quarantine is done, I'll probably still avoid them since theme parks are basically a perfect hotspot for this virus. Even with the best intentions: cleaning methods, masks, hand sanitizer, all of it, the sheer design of a park is based on the idea of people being grouped closely: in lines, on rides, in midways. They could implement a social distancing initiative, but the virus can live on surfaces for hours or even days. Shared surfaces are an inevitability in a park, and I can't imagine them being able to clean every single surface after every use.

Katieb

Roller Poster
I'd like to say it'll be Six Flags Great America closely followed by Cedar Point at the end of August but I'm doubtful to say the least... So maybe Alton or Thorpe for a Halloween event :(
Aaah, I hope everything works out for you! Cedar point is a bucket list park for me.. hopefully I can visit next may

Katieb

Roller Poster
Ideally, I'd love for Disneyland to be the first park I'd go to. It's been a good while since I've been, and I'm dying to see Star Wars Land. However, it'll most likely be Six Flags Great Adventure. With Jersey Devil (hopefully) opening up, it's an obvious choice for me.

I will be honest though, I am probably going to wait a while until I return to a park. Even if they open quickly after quarantine is done, I'll probably still avoid them since theme parks are basically a perfect hotspot for this virus. Even with the best intentions: cleaning methods, masks, hand sanitizer, all of it, the sheer design of a park is based on the idea of people being grouped closely: in lines, on rides, in midways. They could implement a social distancing initiative, but the virus can live on surfaces for hours or even days. Shared surfaces are an inevitability in a park, and I can't imagine them being able to clean every single surface after every use.
I completely understand !! Probably a wise choice

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I mean after all of this realistically the only park I could afford to go to unless miracles happen is Linnanmäki the coming october, but hey, Taiga in the dark, I'm not complaining.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
Thorpe Park is my closest (major) park and the one I'm most likely to be able to persuade friends to tag along to, so most likely that. Might try and get to Alton Towers or BPB at some point as well, maybe in 2021.

I would have been going to Nagashima Spa Land and Universal Studios Japan if my study abroad hadn't been cancelled, so it sounds pretty sad in comparison, but honestly I'd be elated to ride a rusted Pinfari in a car park at this point, so it's still a nice thought :) and I do have a soft spot for Thorpe actually.

At risk of being very basic, the first park I will go to will either be Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, or King's Island. It has to be somewhere fairly close to home! If the border stays shut though, Wonderland will be first.

SDaniel

Roller Poster
First park? Walibi Holland! In november Winter Efteling 4 days in a row on site in Bosrijk! And when there is a FLY, I'll go to Phantasialand to kill it, haha;) And I will support the ZOO's a much as I can... (a shame, there are no fun fairs planned o_O)

toofpikk

Mega Poster
can't wait to finally be able to get on this bad boy

1941.jpg