What's new

TusenFryd | Storm | Gerstlauer Invert | 2023

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Also don't get all of this hate for TusenFryd! I think the park has a really nice vibe with the awesome escalator entrance. Thundercoaster is an elite coaster, Speed Monster is great, and they have plenty of good filler and flat rides! Really hope we're seeing a new coaster in 2021 as it will definitely give me even more reason to get back to this beautiful country!

I don't quite get it either - it's no liseberg, but I did have a nice day there - and spinspider is <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My hate for Tusenfryd from our visit wasn't inherently the ride selection, but more the way the park was being run. Their operations were atrocious, and made bits of the day that should have been simple really quite unpleasant.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
On closer inspection, I think this might not be a Gerstlauer after all, as was initially suspected by the guy on TPR. The station seems to depict a much longer train than has ever been put on a Gerstlauer Infinity. It seems more similar to the train of Star Trek: Operation Enterprise, another swing launch coaster also built by a Parques Reunidos park.

Then again, this is just a landscaping plan (I looked up Bar Bakke, the logo of which can be seen in the bottom right, it is a landscape architectural firm who's worked with TusenFryd before), so it might not be entirely accurate for the depiction of the coaster.
I was about to comment about that train in the station. The layout feels more Gerstlauer-esque to me, invoking vibes of Bobbejaanland's Fury with almost the entire ride layout being composed of tall inversions, but that could just be the ride's budget and/or tighter footprint when compared to Star Trek: Operation Enterprise.

Tulum

Mega Poster
The layout looks even shorter than the Gold Rush layout. Really hope that this will be a bit more than a standard triple launch coaster, especially when this is supposed to be the biggest investment so far and already having an awesome launch coaster. But Parques Reunidos have taught me not to expect too much.

Pear

Strata Poster
That layout is awful. Three diveloops in a row and nothing else is not a good choice. Maybe it'll turn out like Sandy which has 3 immelmans back to back, but each has slight shaping variations. If it's a Mack triple launch then be prepared for disappointment. Star Trek is one of the most boring rides I've ever been on.

Coasters

Roller Poster
It will not be a Gold Rush style coaster, I don´t know exactly what kind of coaster this will be, but I got to know that it will be a first for Europe.
Then I´m thinking it might be a launched B&M, I´m thinking it might be a flying coaster.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 00.45.01.png
If we look at the train this actually look like a B&M flying in flying position. It also has 8 cars.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 00.44.29.png

Looks like it can be a inverted top hat before you fly over the launch.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 00.44.35.png
Then it look like the train will do a 180* rotation befor the train dives down in the pit.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 00.44.56.png
Before a diveloop.

I also don´t think it will be a swing launch, I did some measures in google map, the launch if it starts inside the station will be about 50m (160feet), keep in mind that Speed Monster has a launch track of 60 m (196feet).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It will not be a Gold Rush style coaster, I don´t know exactly what kind of coaster this will be, but I got to know that it will be a first for Europe.
Then I´m thinking it might be a launched B&M, I´m thinking it might be a flying coaster.
I'm not entirely sure if I believe that. Such an ultra-compact, launched flyer seems like it would be a little too radical for B&M, which usually sticks to very conservative designs. This one would break too many of their conventions at once. Also, Parques Reunidos shelling out for a B&M coaster seems ... highly unlikely to me.

I agree that it looks like an inverted coaster of some sort, however. It's a shame that the drawing doesn't show supports, which would have made that clear immediately, but the trench makes it seem likely. Hard to tell if it could be a flyer. That twist into an inverted position before the peak of the tophat could suggest so, but if so I wonder who would build it. As mentioned before, B&M is an unlikely option. Vekoma offered a four-abreast flyer, the Stingray model, but if memory serves correctly it was a bit of a flop. It also loads in a sitting position. And with F.L.Y. staking out a new course for their flying coasters, I doubt they would want to go back to the Stingray setup from a logistics point of view. It would be a little too many niche designs to maintain service agreements for at the same time.

Of course, Zamperla has four-abreast flyers too, but ... oh, I can't bear thinking about that option. And it also seems unlikely, since they've never done anything like this before. And it might just be me, but I think the cars look a little too narrow to sit four riders next to each other, which actually would rule out all current models of flying coasters. If my RCDB-fu is correct, all flying coaster models bar F.L.Y. and those weird monorail flyers have four-abreast seating.

So all in all, I doubt it's a flyer entirely. My money is either on this being a new-generation Intamin invert (Impulse Mk2, if you want), some sort of new Mack concoction, or the drawing being misleading and this not being inverted at all. In that case, it could be manufactured by anyone from Gerstlauer to Vekoma.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
An S&S Axis coaster would be awesome.:)
Very unlikely, though. All the three Dive Loops of this layout have a twist into an inverted position at the top/entrance, while the whole point of Axis coasters is to do raven turns, which don't twist.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Some very optimistic speculation in this topic.

It'll be a solid ride. Not spectacular, not game-changing, but a ride that the park really needs. Parques Reunidos have a habit of doing this, and I don't expect anything different from them this time around.

Bokhylle

Roller Poster
I asked Tusenfryd on their Facebook page if the drawing is real and got this answer.

"It is true that there are some preliminary sketches. But not something that is 100% specific. We will publish news as soon as we are ready for it. And I promise we are as excited as you are out there. This will be fun when the time comes and everything is ready! :) Mrs Nils"

Maelstrom

Roller Poster
Apparently an inverted coaster. Some of the permit drawings that are publicly available from the municipality:

4DBEF2AE-68D3-4778-9CC7-D39B18D7E689.jpeg
9F2ABAF5-2D12-4151-8CE0-EDFE9102B3BC.jpeg

If this one opens during the upcoming season, I’m actually a bit excited to see what’s in store for 2021 and their “largest investment ever”.
I’m not getting my hopes up, however. Gave up on Tusenfryd a long time ago, mostly because of their shoddy operations and the lack of proper upkeep and maintenance. Even though I live in Oslo, I consider Liseberg my “local park” ;)