What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Peet

Giga Poster
If this was anywhere other that EL I would have serious doubts about it opening this year.

Have they started the groundwork for the mine train yet?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I must admit with each update I feel (slightly) more confident that they'll realise something that actually feels a lot like how the concept art looks. Like I had my doubts that the park would be able to pull it off when I first saw it, but now, it feels a lot more realistic.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
To be fair, the fact that LEG/Jora are behind it fills me with hope.

Oh definitely!

It's just that, even with that reasoning behind it, it's a massive jump in level and quality of immersion compared to anything else they've done. So I just can't help but have a bit of caution when it comes to the concept art and what to expect.

Dressinggown

Roller Poster
I'm a complete newbie to modern day theme parks, roller coasters & coaster forums so please let me know if I am posting anything inappropriate.

Until last year the last rollercoasters that I had ridden were The Corkscrew at Alton Towers in in June 1980, The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 1995 and The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley in 2003.

I think that The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley provided the best reason to never go on a coaster again. I believe it was built by British Rail who couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. My head nearly came off after the second lift hill and my hips went through my abdomen.

Last year, me and the missus took advantage of a special offer at the Big Blue Hotel in Blackpool which included a view of the coasters from our room and tickets to the park. We got into the park early and got on the first train on Icon. I didn't expect the intensity of the ride as it looked so slow from our room when we arrived the day before. Next we did the wooden coasters which were dreadful, especially the Grand National which each hill felt like hitting a brick wall. Revolution was too high to climb, the Red Arrows ride saw me complete no inversions and Steeplechase looked far too dangerous to get in the saddle.

Undeterred, I have booked the following with my wife:

Return flights to Katovice from Manchester in the 2nd week of May. 4 Nights at the 4* Novotel in Katowice. We intend to do do both Energylandia, Legendia and a day in Krakow.

Approximate cost (for two) including airport parking ,flights, hotel, transfers, park tickets is about £350.

I just want to go on Hyperion & Zadra. If there is any chance the new coaster is open it will be a proper bonus.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm a complete newbie to modern day theme parks, roller coasters & coaster forums so please let me know if I am posting anything inappropriate.

Until last year the last rollercoasters that I had ridden were The Corkscrew at Alton Towers in in June 1980, The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 1995 and The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley in 2003.

I think that The Ulimate at Lightwater Valley provided the best reason to never go on a coaster again. I believe it was built by British Rail who couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. My head nearly came off after the second lift hill and my hips went through my abdomen.

Last year, me and the missus took advantage of a special offer at the Big Blue Hotel in Blackpool which included a view of the coasters from our room and tickets to the park. We got into the park early and got on the first train on Icon. I didn't expect the intensity of the ride as it looked so slow from our room when we arrived the day before. Next we did the wooden coasters which were dreadful, especially the Grand National which each hill felt like hitting a brick wall. Revolution was too hight to climb, the Red Arrows ride saw me complete no inversions and Steeplechase looked far too dangerous to get in the saddle.

Return flights to Katovice from Manchester in the 2nd week of May. 4 Nights at the 4* Novotel in Katowice. We intend to do do both Energylandia, Legendia and a day in Krakow.

Approximate cost (for two) including airport parking ,flights, hotel, transfers, park tickets is about £350.

I just want to go on Hyperion & Zadra. If there is any chance the new coaster is open it will be a proper bonus.
Wow! Is this trip you've organised an attempt to conquer your fears, or is it triggered by liking Icon?

pvnks

Mega Poster

I think that The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley provided the best reason to never go on a coaster again. I believe it was built by British Rail who couldn't organise a drink in a brewery. My head nearly came off after the second lift hill and my hips went through my abdomen.

Last year, me and the missus took advantage of a special offer at the Big Blue Hotel in Blackpool which included a view of the coasters from our room and tickets to the park. We got into the park early and got on the first train on Icon. I didn't expect the intensity of the ride as it looked so slow from our room when we arrived the day before. Next we did the wooden coasters which were dreadful, especially the Grand National which each hill felt like hitting a brick wall. Revolution was too high to climb, the Red Arrows ride saw me complete no inversions and Steeplechase looked far too dangerous to get in the saddle.

Reading this made me smile, safe in the knowledge that Zadra and Hyperion will blow your mind!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Until last year the last rollercoasters that I had ridden were The Corkscrew at Alton Towers in in June 1980
Welcome :) You really should try Alton Towers again - things have come a long way since the Corkscrew!

You will have a blast in Poland though - should be pretty quiet in May so you should get plenty of rides.