What's new

Galaxyland at West Edmonton Mall rethemed to Hasbro

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

As someone who’s been going to Galaxyland sporadically starting at a very young age, I’m at a loss for words. Might this be an exciting next step for West Edmonton Mall’s future of innovation? Or, alternatively, could this retheming ruin the cheesy but endearing space theming?

Whatever the case, I pray that Mindbender won’t bite the dust. It’s a truly incredible coaster, and the only triple looping Schwarzkopf left on the planet.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd imagine it'll be no different to when Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America opened; most of the original rides from that park stayed, so I wouldn't worry! There should be some cool new stuff to ride too!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
No mention of Transformers?
I'm not sure what the branding rights on Transformers are, as Universal obviously has Transformers rides as well as merchandise and meet and greets; however, those are both in the United States, rather than Canada. This promotional material is likely illustrating what brands will end up in Galaxyland: Powered by Hasbro precisely:
1576853622752.png
Along with this quote from the Edmonton Journal's article:
More than 25 rides, games and attractions will be re-designed with familiar Hasbro brands, including My Little Pony, Monopoly, G.I. Joe, Nerf, Play-Doh, Battleship, and Operation

I think it's safe to say that Transformers will unfortunately not be present in the renovated park.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I must admit that I'll be interested to see how some of those brands mentioned translate into attractions; some of them I can see, but I'm not sure if I can quite picture Monopoly: The Ride or Play-Doh: The Ride...

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I must admit that I'll be interested to see how some of those brands mentioned translate into attractions; some of them I can see, but I'm not sure if I can quite picture Monopoly: The Ride or Play-Doh: The Ride...
In most of the news articles I've read about this transformation, the brands aren't just being applied to rides; they're being represented in carnival games, retail and dining as well.