What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
And on that note, I've moved the topic.

I'm excited to seeing this go up! Looks like quite a fun little ride.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
266f93fb31f948de1625ffc65e2248c4.jpg

This photograph posted on Instagram by @photobygoranr shows that two cranes are now on site.

I’m still amazed at how the park is fitting this in without removing any existing attractions!

Lofty

CF Legend
Just to check that it's absolutely for the invert and not for their new flat ride next year?

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I remember being at Gröna Lund a couple of years ago and thinking that they could squeeze something in here (the place where they now are building). The area where they are builing just has restaurants and games, so I think this is a great addition!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Completely forgot about this. Really excited to see how this turns out, looks like a great little ride.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Such a beautiful park. When I went this summer I scoped out the area that will soon house a new invert. I saw absolutely no way for a ride to fit there, let alone a major coaster. Absolutely brilliant job by the park of squeezing in so many attractions without sacrificing the general atmosphere and appearance of the park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks intense.
What's ridiculous is that this is probably the relatively easy bit. Once they start having to thread the coaster through the rest of the park - that's going to get interesting. :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This will be a very interesting construction project to follow.

I wonder how long it will be before the park's map starts being taken from a side view instead of a plan view.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
No idea how I've managed to miss this, but I'm all in favour of a new claustrophobic B&M invert. I really like what they've done with the layout (removed final inversion notwithstanding) - the tight helix before the laser roll looks nice and intense. These rides always seem to benefit more than most from interesting 'terrain' and gradients - may well be worth a trip.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Will they be able to do much construction while the park's open?
I don't believe it. Gröna Lund gets really high attendance (especially in the summer) so my best guess is that they're trying to get at least the foundations/supports ready so that the plaza can be used for games/tables or whatever.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Already?! <3

Track is definitely painted, it's just a dark grey instead of the orange we've seen on the concept art. - Maybe it's just for the brakerun/underground parts of the coaster?

Matt N

CF Legend
I think that this could potentially end up being one of the most unique inverts ever built! The layout is certainly unique, and the underground features certainly make it differ from some of the others, at least; I almost think that it could ride somewhat akin to something like Black Mamba or Nemesis!