What's new

World Cup Of Theme Parks!

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Hi guys!
After seeing @valleyfair! run his Coaster Tournament I thought it would be a good idea to set one up for parks. I've created it on Challonge which is an online platform that is great for this sort of thing. To vote head to https://challonge.com/1kp2cvzs. Voting is free but you do need to make a Challonge account to vote (this is very easy to do). For the first 24 hours before I open the voting I have enabled predictions so that we can have a bit of a competition to see who can correctly guess how things will pan out. I'll post updates on this thread when the next round opens so be sure to keep an eye out!
I've thrown together the list of parks mainly based on attendance and here they are in seeded order-
Magic Kingdom
Disneyland Park (California)
Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo DisneySea
Universal Studios Japan
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Shanghai Disneyland Park
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Chimelong Ocean Kingdom
Universal Studios Florida
Disney California Adventure Park
Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Hollywood
Hong Kong Disneyland
Nagashima Spa Land
Everland
Ocean Park
Europa-Park
Efteling
Walt Disney Studios Park
Tivoli Gardens
SeaWorld Orlando
Universal Studios Singapore
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Knott's Berry Farm
Fantawild Adventure
Canada's Wonderland
SeaWorld San Diego
Cedar Point
PortAventura Park
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Kings Island
Six Flags Great Adventure
Kings Dominion
Carowinds
Hersheypark
Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Over Georgia
Liseberg
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Blackpool Plesure Beach
Six Flags St. Louis
Gardaland
Six Flags México
Legoland Windsor
California's Great America
Puy du Fou
Legoland Billund
Legoland Deutschland
Parque Warner Madrid
Parc Astérix
Alton Towers
Phantasialand
Paultons
Energylandia
Thorpe Park
Futuroscope
Walibi Belgium
Gröna Lund
Chessington World of Adventures
Lightwater Valley
Flamingo Land

Littlebrotoby

Roller Poster
Hi guys!
After seeing @valleyfair! run his Coaster Tournament I thought it would be a good idea to set one up for parks. I've created it on Challonge which is an online platform that is great for this sort of thing. To vote head to https://challonge.com/1kp2cvzs. Voting is free but you do need to make a Challonge account to vote (this is very easy to do). For the first 24 hours before I open the voting I have enabled predictions so that we can have a bit of a competition to see who can correctly guess how things will pan out. I'll post updates on this thread when the next round opens so be sure to keep an eye out!
I've thrown together the list of parks mainly based on attendance and here they are in seeded order-

Good idea! I would say if you could add anymore parks to the list, possibly add Dollywood and Ferrari world, as they are pretty big parks!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Hi guys!
Magic Kingdom
Disneyland Park (California)
Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo DisneySea
Universal Studios Japan
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Shanghai Disneyland Park
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Chimelong Ocean Kingdom
Universal Studios Florida
Disney California Adventure Park
Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Hollywood
Hong Kong Disneyland
Nagashima Spa Land
Everland
Ocean Park
Europa-Park
Efteling
Walt Disney Studios Park
Tivoli Gardens
SeaWorld Orlando
Universal Studios Singapore
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Knott's Berry Farm
Fantawild Adventure
Canada's Wonderland
SeaWorld San Diego
Cedar Point
PortAventura Park
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Kings Island
Six Flags Great Adventure
Kings Dominion
Carowinds
Hersheypark
Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Over Georgia
Liseberg
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Blackpool Plesure Beach
Six Flags St. Louis
Gardaland
Six Flags México
Legoland Windsor
California's Great America
Puy du Fou
Legoland Billund
Legoland Deutschland
Parque Warner Madrid
Parc Astérix
Alton Towers
Phantasialand
Paultons
Energylandia
Thorpe Park
Futuroscope
Walibi Belgium
Gröna Lund
Chessington World of Adventures
Lightwater Valley
Flamingo Land
In my opinion, Knoebels deserves a spot on this list. It's my favorite park, besting even the likes of Cedar Point.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Too many Legolands. Particuarly one like the German one in there, so bland.
Fantawild Adventure needs to specify which one it is, but then again the Adventure parks should never compete above Dreamlands or Oriental Heritages which all have the far superior hardware.
Also Puy duy Fuy and Futuroscope seem a bit out of place in this context.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Too many Legolands. Particuarly one like the German one in there, so bland.
Fantawild Adventure needs to specify which one it is, but then again the Adventure parks should never compete above Dreamlands or Oriental Heritages which all have the far superior hardware.
Also Puy duy Fuy and Futuroscope seem a bit out of place in this context.
All good points ? In hindsight maybe I should have limited the amount of parks from each chain were allowed in. I've updated the competition to specify which Fantawild I was referring to.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Good shout- I'll swap Walibi Belgium out for Dollywood ?
Strange that you swap out Walibi Belgium, while there are meaningless parks, like Puy Du Fou and Futuroscope in there :)

Competitions like these should generate a bracket based of submissions, so people can send in their top 5-10 parks, and then from this the 64 participants should be chosen.
This would also reduce the amount of parks, of which people automatically think they are bad

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved to Polls & Opinions. This is neither "News" nor a "Rumour".

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
That Fantawild Adventure just happens to be my least favourite of all of them, so that makes things a bit easier.
Dollywood vs USJ is so harsh for a first round. :(

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
That's the opposite effect you just described. An easy victory for a clearly better park.
The matchup I mentioned are both too good and one of them will go out too early, meaning the seeding hasn't had the desired effect.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
That's the opposite effect you just described. An easy victory for a clearly better park.
The matchup I mentioned are both too good and one of them will go out too early, meaning the seeding hasn't had the desired effect.
They were seeded by attendance, hence the unfair match-up