What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Holy **** those plans look mental. I am very excited to see this get built!
Someone shared this to me from Coaster Bot Discord, showing off the full layout:
screenshot-2019-10-20-16-28-04.png

Some things to note:
- The second launch appears to be on an airtime hill, similar to Copperhead Strike's.
- The element immediately succeeding the second launch is called the "reverse twice twisting velocity knot".
- This coaster has MACK Rides' first banana roll! On the top-down rendering I saw beforehand, though, I guessed this to be a cobra roll.

All in all, this is a rather fascinating coaster layout. I'm intrigued by all of the unique elements featured on this ride, most namely the reverse twice twisting velocity knot.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
That start out of the station looks HORRENDOUS. I can feel the hangtime just from the video and not in a good way.
Given that it'll have the Mack seats and restraints, I reckon it'll be fine. There aren't many manufacturers I'd trust to pull off an element like that in a comfortable way, but I reckon Mack'll manage it. There's also no way it'll take the elements as slowly as shown in the first recreation. Mack coasters can be a bit sluggish before they get warmed up, but they're not that slow on ride.

The layout as a whole is pretty interesting, to the point where I can't even begin to imagine how this thing will ride. I'm not sure what to think about the location though. Given how much it seems to extend out over the lake, I imagine this is fundamentally change the character of the whole area. Even with the likes of the super splash operating, I seem to remember that whole area having a weirdly tranquil feel to it (although that could just have been down to me being completely knackered at the end of a 10 day mega trip around northern Europe). I have to wonder how the area will feel with this thing zooming around overhead and breaking up sight lines.

Rein

Roller Poster
RCDB is now saying the name is "Robo-Spinner". Not sure how reliable that is or if the park has leaked it.

In this article in a Belgian newspaper, CEO Steve Van den Kerkhof, says that Robo-Spinner is just a temporary name. The theme of the attraction won't be Studio 100 related, they are thinking about something futuristic with robots and/or avatars. The budget for this attraction is 15 million Euros.

Last edited:
In this article in a Belgian newspaper, CEO Steve Van den Kerkhof, says that Robo-Spinner is just a temporary name. The theme of the attraction won't be Studio 100 related, they are thinking about something futuristic with robots and/or avatars. The budget is this attraction 15 million Euros.
15 million euros dosen't sound a lot compared to Time Traveller, but love that they'll give it a non Studio 100 theme. Will this have the look of Pandora World Of Avatar? Only time will tell...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Given that it'll have the Mack seats and restraints, I reckon it'll be fine. There aren't many manufacturers I'd trust to pull off an element like that in a comfortable way, but I reckon Mack'll manage it. There's also no way it'll take the elements as slowly as shown in the first recreation. Mack coasters can be a bit sluggish before they get warmed up, but they're not that slow on ride.

Even with it having the Mack-ness, and assuming it won't be that slow, I still think it looks pretty bad. The speed you it's taken out will still be pretty slow and just being upside for a length of time slowly is something which I just hate the idea of.

I hope it's not that bad of course, but right now, I just can't help but think I'll end up hating it.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Even with it having the Mack-ness, and assuming it won't be that slow, I still think it looks pretty bad. The speed you it's taken out will still be pretty slow and just being upside for a length of time slowly is something which I just hate the idea of.

I hope it's not that bad of course, but right now, I just can't help but think I'll end up hating it.
I don't understand such radical hatred of hangtime. It's just a little extra tidbit rather than having straight track, which is always a positive in my opinion. Even if you're not a fan of the sensation it's better than nothing at all.

Honestly I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I love hanging upside down off of nothing but a lap bar! And given Mack's comfy restraints, I have found all the hangtime moments I've experienced on Mack coasters to be nothing but fun!

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
This is looking really good and I'll probably be riding this before I'd ever get to Time Traveller.
I think the Mack launches are more suited to this type of coaster. I find Icon's launch far too slow to get going but for this it seems just right. Mack has got a great looking product here with their excellent seats and restraints. This could beat Icon and Lost Gravity for me I think.

Interesting about the cost as I was thinking this would cost far more indeed. Funny in hindsight how on Loopings when the Plopsa CEO was spotted riding Time Traveller people were dismissing it as just a holiday and that they would never build what seemed a very costly Extreme spinner at one of their parks.