What's new

Coastermania 2020 & Booking breakers at CP

Doublethink

Roller Poster
Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have booked flights up to the US for Coastermania at CP next year. We are going to get platinum passes and go for a mega trip in the states including several CF park.

Planning to book (Bank)breakers because of its proximity to park meaning we can get more hours of sleep in with the ERT sessions starting do early and finishing so late. We are also looking at getting Fast Lane Plus for the non coaster mania day that we are there so we can save needing a third day on park.

I have heard that if you wait till black Friday there are often sales on passes and breakers too but am concerned with coaster mania breakers may sell out for those dates before black Friday. What do you guys think?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Considering how popular the event is, it'd be wise to book sooner rather than later. Coastermania tickets tend to sell out in minutes so I'd imagine Breakers will book up quickly.

How big will your group be? If you'll be attending with more than four people, I recommend booking a cabin at Lighthouse Point. They're all their own separate building so guests don't have to worry about rowdy neighbors and if you have five or six people you'll likely save money over Breakers.

Doublethink

Roller Poster
We have 3 adults sharing, no couples so will be needing 3 beds. Thanks for the advice! Do you know how much of a discount the CP plat pass gets on accomodation?

As we are coming over from the UK and CP will be our first stop off im guessing we will have to pick up our passes on park? If so are you able to use your pass holder hotel discount before collecting your pass?

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't believe there is a passholder discount for lodging, but if there is, I've been missing out on it over the past few years. You can acquire your passes either at the season pass center at the front entrance or you can get it processed at any of the park's four entrances as long as you purchased it beforehand.

Doublethink

Roller Poster
I don't believe there is a passholder discount for lodging, but if there is, I've been missing out on it over the past few years. You can acquire your passes either at the season pass center at the front entrance or you can get it processed at any of the park's four entrances as long as you purchased it beforehand.

Just saw that it says "Resort/Hotel Discounts" on the CP website under the platinum pass perks section.

Cheers for the suggestion about lighthouse pooint. Looking at it for our party breakers actually works out pretty good value as it's a only a 20 dollar per person extra cost over staying at the Sandusky holiday inn which I would guess is similar quality accomodation to breakers.

Edit: managed to find how discount works, it's promo code "pass" and appears to take about 10 percent off the price of breakers

Last edited: