What's new

Star City in Manila Burns Down.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In some fairly shocking news for me (I was there just last week) it seems Star City in Manila, Philippines has mostly burnt to the ground with the loss of all the indoor rides.

It seems the outdoor section including the Pinfari Invert was left untouched but sounds like the 3 indoor junior coasters (2 wacky worms and an SBF spinner) may have gone.

The park is extremely popular with Filipinos over the holiday season and it seems they may try and run the outdoor section in some capacity over that time.

While yes the parks a bit of a dump and the loss of 3 very small juniors isn't huge its sad to see any park suffer such a big fire these days.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah man, that's a bit rubbish. I thought the park was halfway decent for a little inner city park - especially a city like Manila!

Do you know if the Ice World thing is/was still there? That was excellent when I went back in 2017!

Edit - just re-read the article and yes, Snow World was damaged. Missed that the first time. Thankfully no injuries reported though, so... silver linings.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Opening was postponed to Feb 24th due to the latest COVID wave.

Looking though the parks website it seems the Pinfari Invert known as Star Flyer will reopen along with the SBF spinner Egyptian Spinning Coaster and the Wacky Worm imaginatively called Wacky Worm.

However there's no sign of the Top Fun Blizzard or the well themed Wacky Worm Dragon Express which were likely both casualties of the fire.

Good to see the park getting back on its feet.

TilenB

Strata Poster
However there's no sign of the Top Fun Blizzard or the well themed Wacky Worm Dragon Express which were likely both casualties of the fire.
Blizzard was already replaced by the SBF Spinner before the fire. Shame about the nicely themed Wacky Worm, but I'm quite surprised that 2 of the other indoor coasters ended up surviving the fire.