What's new

peep

CF Legend
I think there's been a few hints from companies that they have something to show off this year.

- Fabbri might be showing off more details on this contraption...

- Disneyland Paris (as mentioned in the other thread) have a conference to announce future projects (it was a separately ticketed event).

- JoraVision are due to show off some concept work for some new projects, including the new Vekoma for Energylandia.

I'm not predicting any coasters to be announced as that tends to be reserved for the larger Orlando event but we might see a few smaller European parks share some news. News doesn't typically come out from this event but it keeps expanding so who knows.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I choose to believe that the Fabbri video is just a mismash demonstrator of technologies they're working on. The launch, high-speed brakes, and vertical lift are obvious candidates for stuff they've designed with the purpose of using in other coaster layouts. Maybe the demonstrator also includes the cars or the block brake system for multiple car operations. It seems like they want to showcase these few elements to show customers what they are capable of, and decided the easiest way to display them all was to make a mockup coaster layout featuring them all and barely anything else.

Either that, or it was bring-your-kid-to-work day at Fabbri HQ.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
b&m surf coaster, whatever that is ?‍♂️

Too bad B&M isn't even attending IAAPA Europe - and hasn't done so for the past few years ?‍♂️

I will be attending the show for the third consecutive year :)

Some planning I drafted so far:

Exhibition Hall map: link

CONFERENCES
  • Tuesday, September 17, 12:00 PM
A Neuro-Scientific Approach to Happiness at Attractions
Room: Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Conference Room 2

• Tuesday, September 17, 2:35 PM - 3:30 PM
TEA Presents: Retailtainment (Part 2) - Cross-Cultural Communication – Learn to Communicate with the Other World
Room: Paris Expo Porte de Versailles - Conference Room 1

• Tuesday, September 17, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
CEO Talk: Inspiring Leadership - How to Engage Your People to Do Their Best
Room: IAAPA Theatre Sponsored by Polin Waterparks

• Wednesday, September 18, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
How to Deal with Queue Lines in a World Where Waiting is Disappearing

• Wednesday, September 18, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Young Professionals Forum & Reception

EXHIBITORS

• Ride Suppliers
  1. Intamin (Booth #2227)
  2. Vekoma (#1630)
  3. Gerstlauer (#2218)
  4. Zierer (#1412)
  5. Mack Rides (#2430)
  6. The Gravity Group (#4033)
  7. Great Coasters International (#2433)
  8. Wiegand (#1015)
  9. Martin & Vleminckx (#930)

They also expanded their water coaster catalog a little bit

View attachment 6302
I would love to see that Giga Splash at a park like Blackpool Pleasure Beach if they remove Infusion or something to fill a water ride slot/void. Energylandia could put this in, as can Phantasialand. The Intamin Ultrasplash I think suits Alton Towers well as a water ride to fill the void left by The Flume

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I would love to see that Giga Splash at a park like Blackpool Pleasure Beach if they remove Infusion or something to fill a water ride slot/void. Energylandia could put this in, as can Phantasialand. The Intamin Ultrasplash I think suits Alton Towers well as a water ride to fill the void left by The Flume
PHL won't be able to build this I think. Not when the model will be of similar height as the Mack Power Splash. Those coasters are fairly high ;)

cookie

Giga Poster
That Giga splash is very reminiscient of the Mack SuperSplash at Plopsaland as well.

2a2e41b9390a6be5dc010d5c4dc1b086.jpg

When in doubt, borrow from Mack, I guess.