What's new

LEGOLAND Windsor | Duplo Dino Coaster | Mack Oval

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

After comparing this to my first guess - via an overhead of a Zierer Force 0 - I think that this layout is a bit too curvy for it to be an exact clone. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a straight section coming out of either side of the station, which makes discerning where the lift hill is a bit harder. Fortunately, though, I think I've figured it out; the train exits the station to the left and enters a right-hand curve leading up into a potential lift hill. Then it seems to do some sort of S-curve drop, and turn followed by another S-curve back into the station. After further analysis, this layout seems to very much resemble Ba-a-a Express at Europa Park (https://rcdb.com/13654.htm), which is my second best guess at what this coaster could be. Whatever the case, this coaster isn't going to be huge.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster

After comparing this to my first guess - via an overhead of a Zierer Force 0 - I think that this layout is a bit too curvy for it to be an exact clone. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a straight section coming out of either side of the station, which makes discerning where the lift hill is a bit harder. Fortunately, though, I think I've figured it out; the train exits the station to the left and enters a right-hand curve leading up into a potential lift hill. Then it seems to do some sort of S-curve drop, and turn followed by another S-curve back into the station. After further analysis, this layout seems to very much resemble Ba-a-a Express at Europa Park (https://rcdb.com/13654.htm), which is my second best guess at what this coaster could be. Whatever the case, this coaster isn't going to be huge.
I'm not sure it's either of those. If we look what I think is the lift hill on the plan we can see two things- one it has a catwalk, and two it is curved. Force 0 has a straight lift hill and Ba-a-a Express whilst having a curved lift hill does not a catwalk..

It would make sense for Merlin to get the Mack Kiddie coaster as Mack help to sell GCI products to the European market. This therefore (If it is the Mack) would continue the relationship and could be of a sign of a multiple Coaster deal.
I hope it's a multi coaster deal. Wasn't there a rumour that there was a 3 GCI deal? Colossos refurb, Wickerman and a 3rd GCI? If that's true, then imagine a double Mack coaster deal... Or a triple? If double, then Heide Park or Gardaland or Thorpe Park... Or if there's triple, then 2 out of those parks

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I hope it's a multi coaster deal. Wasn't there a rumour that there was a 3 GCI deal? Colossos refurb, Wickerman and a 3rd GCI? If that's true, then imagine a double Mack coaster deal... Or a triple? If double, then Heide Park or Gardaland or Thorpe Park... Or if there's triple, then 2 out of those parks
At the rate Merlin add coasters I hardly see them signing 2 multiple coaster deals..

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Your posts don't half give me a headache sometimes Chall, what a leap you made there. There's nothing so far that points to this being Mack and if anything it's one of the most unlikely options as I don't think Mack have made many if any kiddies since Baa Express. Also a Mack kiddie coaster would be expensive, Baa has fancy individual lapbars, a floor that lowers on dispatch, etc. Merlin are far more likely to go for a cheaper option here. And to then go on to say this overhead plan could mean a double Mack coaster deal for Merlin? I'm all for a bit of dreaming and optimism but there's got to be some sense of keeping it grounded otherwise the forums get tedious.

Looks like a solid addition for Legoland, it's amazing how they keep squeezing new rides in the tiniest corners of the park. Out of all the UK Merlin parks Lego has been making the most consistent investments. In the last decade they've had new rides pretty much every two years while also updating older areas. With this small coaster and the flying theatre plans it looks like they're keeping it up which is great.

Your posts don't half give me a headache sometimes Chall, what a leap you made there. There's nothing so far that points to this being Mack and if anything it's one of the most unlikely options as I don't think Mack have made many if any kiddies since Baa Express. Also a Mack kiddie coaster would be expensive, Baa has fancy individual lapbar, a floor that lowers on dispatch, etc. Merlin are far more likely to go for a cheaper option here. And to then go on to say this overhead plan could mean a double Mack coaster deal for Merlin? I'm all for a bit of dreaming and optimism but there's got to be some sense of keeping it grounded otherwise it gets tedious.

Looks like a solid addition for Legoland, it's amazing how they keep squeezing new rides in the tiniest corners of the park. Out of all the UK Merlin parks Lego has been making the most consistent investments. In the last decade they've had new rides pretty much every two years while also updating older areas. With this small coaster and the flying theatre plans it looks like they're keeping it up which is great.
Yh I'm probs getting over hyped lol ?

But I'm all for this! I agree that Legoland Windsor will be keeping up with the competition now

Matt N

CF Legend
Guys, it might be worth noting that B-a-a-a Express is actually an ART Engineering coaster, who have worked with Legoland previously on the Ninjago rides, so it could be very plausible that they'd buy from them again!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Guys, it might be worth noting that B-a-a-a Express is actually an ART Engineering coaster, who have worked with Legoland previously on the Ninjago rides, so it could be very plausible that they'd buy from them again!
It's a Mack Rides design and train, ART was just the subcontractor.

Also the layout is almost identical.