What is worst coaster ever?

Alex B

Mega Poster
I have a tie between the following
*all boomerangs
*rougarou
*any given stand-up
*rollies coaster (**** pinfari zyclons)
*cock n roller coaster (**** vekoma in general)
*intamin impulses (wicked twister,possessed) (mild,rattley as ****,migraine heaven)

Niles

Giga Poster
Wolverine wildcat

A little roughness can be fun and on historic rides it comes with age, this however was to much for me. Its the only coaster i have come off and thought it should be torn down, after a long trip this pulled a muscle in my back and messed up the rest of the day at the park.

Best thing about this ride is its RMC potential

Matt N

CF Legend
Megafobia at Oakwood was rough as is the Antelope at Gullivers but the most painful woodie I've been on is the Big Dipper at BPB. I want to like BPB so much but it has such a collection of really painful rides I just struggle to visit too often and it's only an hour away for me. In fact if Nick land wasn't there for the kids and Valhalla and Icon I doubt I'd make the effort.
For some reason, I actually didn't find Big Dipper too rough, whereas I found Grand National in the same park far too rough to enjoy. Maybe these older woodies tend to vary between seats, as I only had one ride on each?

As for Megafobia, I rode it in May, and while I agree with you about it being a little too rough on the back, did you ride towards the front? I actually didn't think Megafobia was very rough at all when sat on the very front row!

For some reason, I actually didn't find Big Dipper too rough, whereas I found Grand National in the same park far too rough to enjoy. Maybe these older woodies tend to vary between seats, as I only had one ride on each?

As for Megafobia, I rode it in May, and while I agree with you about it being a little too rough on the back, did you ride towards the front? I actually didn't think Megafobia was very rough at all when sat on the very front row!

I'll be honest it was a fair few years ago I rode so I'm not 100% sure but think it was towards the back. I was gutted as I was really looking forward to it after hearing so many good reviews.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'll be honest it was a fair few years ago I rode so I'm not 100% sure but think it was towards the back. I was gutted as I was really looking forward to it after hearing so many good reviews.
I think they've replaced some wood recently, but I still found it a little too rough for me on the back, to be fair; try it at the front if you ever return to Oakwood! I found it quite a bit smoother at the front!

Alex B

Mega Poster
I rode Python at Efteling this year after the retrack and bloody loved it. It does have vest restraints so won't be to everyones tastes but I thought it was ace and my 7 year old said it was the best coaster he'd been on (not that he's been on much mind you). Smooth as a ice.

I’m glad you found a coaster he likes he sounds like a an enthusiast in the making, good luck

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I rode Python at Efteling this year after the retrack and bloody loved it. It does have vest restraints so won't be to everyones tastes but I thought it was ace and my 7 year old said it was the best coaster he'd been on (not that he's been on much mind you). Smooth as a ice.

Funny you say that, after riding it I remember thinking that it was a great intro coaster for those ready for something a little faster with inversions without being far too intimidating to attempt. Glad to hear your son loved it!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It’s genuinely hard for me to type this, because as a kid I LOVED this ride. Even as recently as a couple of years ago I enjoyed it. However on every recent visit Grand National has given me a chest and back pain I’ve never experience anywhere else at all! It’s utter agony through the entire ride, feels like my organs are being smashed into my rib cage and spine, then as soon as I get off, fine again. Rode Bandit at MP Germany recently, which regularly sits at the bottom of wood coaster polls, and that was fine, a little rough, but fine. I honestly think that if I ever ride Nash again, it’s going to kill me. Such a shame.

El Condor at Walibi is the worst steel coaster. Never again!!!

rob666

Hyper Poster

Seats above the wheels on Blackpools Woodies are rough.
Non wheel seats flex a little on the train bed, and are less rough.
The National has always been a beast, but the new restrictive trains and restraints have made smooth riding harder.
Try for a loose lapbar and rise out of your seat a little like a real horserace...much better on the lower back.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Robin Hood and Grand National weren't/aren't good at all, but they are definitely eclipsed by Coaster Express at Parque Warner in Madrid. Without exaggerating, that's the only coaster that has rattled my bones to the core.

ils

Roller Poster
Odyssey - fantasy Island. Is it the worst coaster no and has some good elements but I listened to the advice!! Keep your head forward...Smash...bang. I swear came off with mild concussion. Never again.

I spent the rest of the time recovering on Millennium which is probably one of the most smoothest rides out there.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I still haven't found THAT coaster that I genuinely despise because of roughness. Done a handful of SLCs, two Volares, and Manhattan Express and don't mind any of them.

I do have a burning hatred towards Wave Breaker and CGA's Grizzly though.

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
Odyssey - fantasy Island. Is it the worst coaster no and has some good elements but I listened to the advice!! Keep your head forward...Smash...bang. I swear came off with mild concussion. Never again.
Did you ride towards the front? From my experience there is much less headbanging towards the back of the train and it's fairly enjoyable.

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
I would say either the Big Dipper or Grand National at BPB. I'm sure both were good coasters back in their time, but they haven't aged well.