What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Now is Six Flags Great Adventure this interested customer for either a T-Rex or this new product? My money is on no, but as it was already mentioned, if any Six Flags park was to pull the trigger on one, it'd be Great Adventure.

I don't know man, six flags is pretty well known for delivering new ride concepts. If it weren't for them, B&M wouldn't be making coasters and RMC might have had their first conversion elsewhere.

Building prototypes saves money and allows something unique.

I'm sure you remember, Walter and Claude wanted to get out of the business. If it wasn't for Six Flags begging them to build some coasters, they would of been designing weird Swiss crap by now haha. :D

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
By "vertical launch", do you all think this means something like Sandy's Blasting Bronco at Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey is coming to Six Flags Great Adventure? I could see this coaster using the new, covered swing launch technology and incorporating a handful of elements after the launches similarly to Soaring with Dragon, but in a much smaller vein (since this is Six Flags, after all). I think this would certainly be an interesting addition, but a rather redundant one - especially since Kingda Ka is in the same park - similar to how West Coast Racers was received at first since Full Throttle was already there.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, I wasn't expecting that at all! Would this be akin to Soaring with Dragon/the coaster BGW is getting? Or would it be more akin to the Nickelodeon Universe coaster, as @Kw6sTheater suggested? Or could it be something else, like an impulse or a half pipe? This raises so many questions; very exciting news!

Oh, and I'm also going to update the topic title to reflect this news.
EDIT: It doesn't specifically specify Great Adventure, though, does it? So it could be one of the other parks in the New York area; maybe Darien Lake or Coney Island could be getting it? Or am I just thinking too deeply?

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Is there a possibility it could be for Project MMXX at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, then?

In theory yes though why it would be shipped to Newark and not Norfolk would be strange. That said if it was cheaper to have it shipped to Newark and not Norfolk then it's not out of the question.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
One possibility is that it's cheaper to ship through Newark than Norfolk but I don't think anybody has access to that data. Another possibility is that it's components for Sandy's Blasting Bronco at American Dream (maybe the train).

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To add to GADv related discussion - I do recall rumors of the next coaster potentially reusing some of Rolling Thunder's space, but it's been quiet on the construction marker and ground work front. It's not out of the question for them to wait a few more weeks or months before they start diggin' the dirts, but the lack of evidence leads me to believe that next year is not the year.

Pear

Strata Poster
To add to GADv related discussion - I do recall rumors of the next coaster potentially reusing some of Rolling Thunder's space, but it's been quiet on the construction marker and ground work front. It's not out of the question for them to wait a few more weeks or months before they start diggin' the dirts, but the lack of evidence leads me to believe that next year is not the year.
It's Six Flags. WCR didn't go vertical until like March.

Matt N

CF Legend
After the realisation that this could be for Nickelodeon Universe, I've changed the thread title to be more general.