What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I think that this coaster could represent a golden opportunity for Flamingo Land to push itself back into the big leagues of the UK with a bang! Even though I'm not a fan of Colossus at Thorpe Park, I think that this could be much more enjoyable if it has the lap bars; the ones on Icon are fantastic, and these look similar, so they should make for a more enjoyable coaster experience, in my opinion!

This is exactly what Thorpe did, to be fair. They had some big rides already, but Colossus was the turning point that signalled Thorpe's focus to a major thrill player... and Flamingo already have Kumali and Velocity.

Matt N

CF Legend
This is exactly what Thorpe did, to be fair. They had some big rides already, but Colossus was the turning point that signalled Thorpe's focus to a major thrill player... and Flamingo already have Kumali and Velocity.
The next decade or so could be extremely exciting for Flamingo Land!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
The next decade or so could be extremely exciting for Flamingo Land!
Let's not get carried away, eh Matt? Remember this is a third-hand coaster they are buying (albeit one that has never operated) and their last investment was 6 years ago and that was a ****ty Volare. I think this is them seizing on the opportunity to get a decent coaster on the cheap, not the dawn of an era that will see them become the European equivalent of Busch Gardens ?

Matt N

CF Legend
Let's not get carried away, eh Matt? Remember this is a third-hand coaster they are buying (albeit one that has never operated) and their last investment was 6 years ago and that was a ****ty Volare. I think this is them seizing on the opportunity to get a decent coaster on the cheap, not the dawn of an era that will see them become the European equivalent of Busch Gardens ?
It's still a big, substantial coaster, though; if they market it well, it could well be the spark that starts off a raging inferno of investment!

Niles

Giga Poster
I don't see this place becoming European equivalent of Busch Gardens, but this could be the start of expansion for the park. To us as enthusiasts its a modern colossus clone that has been SBNO for years but to the GP in the north its something new and special and will draw them in.

Nothing comes close to this for inversions north of this park and around the area. Alton is around a 2hr30min drive away and i think this may beat the Smiler in popularity. Also with the sad incident at light water they may get some of there customers.

This is a great addition for the park and the UK, while not my choice of coaster i did want more thrilling coasters in the UK, this and Icon are a good start. Lets hope they got it cheep enough to add another big coaster in the future.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I’m no way whatsoever is this gonna beat the Smiler in popularity ? Yeah it’s good that it’s another major non-Merlin coaster, following Icon and the Paultons one, but if it wasn’t being sold for cheap then they wouldn’t have gotten it. I guess it will hopefully up visitor numbers, but they’re never gonna be at the level of Alton or Busch in this country without ownership of a large company.

Niles

Giga Poster
I’m no way whatsoever is this gonna beat the Smiler in popularity ?

( I'm bias, not the biggest fan of the Smiler it just an ok ride for me ) I find the Smiler rough in places, don't like the over shoulder restraints as i get some head banging and the theme is not my favourite, also this ride has a bad name for itself in the GP eyes.

This ride will do inversions with just a lap bar, outer than icon there is nothing else in the UK that does this and it does it 10 times ( those rolls will be fun) , should be smooth, comfy and have some good forces, maybe not everyone but to me the GP would prefer this and hopefully it would become more popular.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Is this definitely the Hopi Hari one then? No chance of it being new from Intamin, do they still make these? I don’t know. Flamingo Land haven’t bought second hand coasters for years. Runaway mine train was the only exception in the last twenty years and that’s not exactly a signature coaster?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Is this definitely the Hopi Hari one then? No chance of it being new from Intamin, do they still make these? I don’t know. Flamingo Land haven’t bought second hand coasters for years. Runaway mine train was the only exception in the last twenty years and that’s not exactly a signature coaster?

Yeah Intamin are still building these. The latest one to open was that dodgy park in poland? Wonderland Eurasia in March.

I wouldn't see them buying one outright new when it's not really breaking new ground for the UK there would be better options for the price of that. Also there's too many pieces of evidence that point to the hopihari coaster coming to the UK, then with those plans it's all but confirmed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah Intamin are still building these. The latest one to open was that dodgy park in poland? Wonderland Eurasia in March.

I wouldn't see them buying one outright new when it's not really breaking new ground for the UK there would be better options for the price of that. Also there's too many pieces of evidence that point to the hopihari coaster coming to the UK, then with those plans it's all but confirmed.

Wonderland Eurasia is in Turkey :) but yeah this ride is almost certainly the Hopi Hari ride. Local news reports even mentioned it was heading to England.

Niles

Giga Poster
Do we know if it is in transit yet?

I'm not sure if it would be yet, they will probable want to get planning permission first.

I was looking through the planing documents and out of 15 Consulted, a few have got back to them.

The documents link is below if interested