What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll post some pictures once I write my trip report in a couple days, but they still have quite a bit to go. None of the buildings look even close to completion, and there is one area between the buildings that is suspiciously vacant. Queue concrete is poured, but railings and shades have yet to be installed. Crews were torquing bolts at various joints throughout the ride, and we even saw a bit of welding at one point. The ride itself is getting there, slowly but surely, but the rest of the area is still a ways off. August maybe?

Rupert

Mega Poster
Had exactly the same thoughts when I was there 2-3 weeks ago, when even the queue didn't seem to be in place - the whole ground area looked like a building site with huge amounts of landscaping needed.

It looks quite amazing though, I feel it straddles this boundary between looking completely supersized and out of place, and fitting in well amongst the slightly wacky, haphazard vibe Kennywood has.

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
I am confident they will get this coaster open as soon as it is mechanically ready. Management apparently was trying to have it open by July 4th weekend but obviously they will miss that since construction was delayed by the terrible weather. I doubt it will take long to get the queue installed, and I believe Nick Paradise already said they would open the coaster even while the rest of Steelers country is still under construction.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They did.

Btw, shameless plug. Go check out my photos from Saturday:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I don't mind a good bit of hangtime, but even I think this is a bit excessive...

That's kinda one of the main points though of this ride, is hangtime. That's why they call it a stall drop or whatever. Drachen Fire something acording to RCDB, which, whatever.... Anyway, so, notice how it stalls during the drop, to provide hangtime. it also does that during the banana roll, especially during the descent and most other elements.

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
That's kinda one of the main points though of this ride, is hangtime. That's why they call it a stall drop or whatever. Drachen Fire something acording to RCDB, which, whatever.... Anyway, so, notice how it stalls during the drop, to provide hangtime. it also does that during the banana roll, especially during the descent and most other elements.
Honestly those test runs with the hang time were run with empty trains, it was going really fast in that other video with weighted trains. I don't think there will be nearly as much hangtime as those empty unweighted runs was showing.

I like the speed of the weighted train though, makes the ride look way more intense!