What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

operateur

Roller Poster
I mean with a layout like this, I feel like banking and profiling are what make it? Given that the entire ride is, you know, banked turns ;)
Yeyea but i mean the layout, as in the parts where the one track is above or below the other track etc...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
It's possible that they slowed down a bit since they realised even august 2019 wasn't possible anymore. Because I think in the beginning of the year they sped up, because they were still hoping for a 2019 opening

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
With the Hagrid and Taiga topics being so active recently, I'd basically forgotten this exists! :p

It's possible that they slowed down a bit since they realised even august 2019 wasn't possible anymore. Because I think in the beginning of the year they sped up, because they were still hoping for a 2019 opening
URGH no, not you too. They are going as fast as they practically can, working to the programme that they have been for months now. They have known their target opening date for many many months now, they've not 'suddenly realised' they aren't going to open it in August.

The visible stuff from the outside may have slowed down, but they could be working like mad on the wiring and internal works that we can't see. Just because the cranes aren't moving much, or they aren't painting the big wall, doesn't mean the necessarily slowed down.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
With the Hagrid and Taiga topics being so active recently, I'd basically forgotten this exists! :p

URGH no, not you too. They are going as fast as they practically can, working to the programme that they have been for months now. They have known their target opening date for many many months now, they've not 'suddenly realised' they aren't going to open it in August.

The visible stuff from the outside may have slowed down, but they could be working like mad on the wiring and internal works that we can't see. Just because the cranes aren't moving much, or they aren't painting the big wall, doesn't mean the necessarily slowed down.
Sorry but they had an opening date in mind. But if stuff goes wrong, it goes wrong... Maybe it was Vekoma having to call back some of the tracks, maybe it was something else.
I never denied that they have a planning.

But this project was clearly aimed to be finished in 2019, but they didn't make that deadline...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry but they had an opening date in mind. But if stuff goes wrong, it goes wrong... Maybe it was Vekoma having to call back some of the tracks, maybe it was something else.
I never denied that they have a planning.

But this project was clearly aimed to be finished in 2019, but they didn't make that deadline...
That may be so, but they haven't slowed down working... Which is what I was picking you up on.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Are they still working on this as there seem to be very little updates
F.L.Y. updates you say?? :cool:

A lot of work for the various hotel buildings and foundations. The last 'floating' support of F.L.Y. has now been anchored too.
A few newly themed brick walls have been finished as well - most noticeably around the final curve into the brake run in the bottom of the pit.
The site is so full of structures and track now it is difficult to spot much else of what's happening further back in the area.
Nevertheless they've certainly been working away!

Last edited:

Fluorineer

Mega Poster

Sounds pretty much like me dealing with deadlines for my uni stuff. "Well I'm definitely not going to make it if I start THIS late, might as well not do anything". I suppose one less reason to feel bad about it if major theme parks handle their projects similarly.

jk

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ugh, this lack of schedule is actually tiring now tbh. I just wish the park would give updates because, and I never thought I'd say this, I'm kinda... Bored of F.L.Y. at the moment? Progress feels so slow (even though I'm sure it isn't) and nothing seems to change.

Honestly, just some concept art or something would help, but I feel like we won't be getting that anytime soon unless the wind changes.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Ugh, this lack of schedule is actually tiring now tbh. I just wish the park would give updates because, and I never thought I'd say this, I'm kinda... Bored of F.L.Y. at the moment? Progress feels so slow (even though I'm sure it isn't) and nothing seems to change.

Honestly, just some concept art or something would help, but I feel like we won't be getting that anytime soon unless the wind changes.

There isn't a lack of schedule. They have a schedule, but we just don't know it.

They've got a whole themed area to build, including a prototype rollercoaster and a brand new hotel. It's not going to be a quick construction job.

As excited as I am for this, I don't expect it to open until April 2020 at the earliest, because it's a brand new Vekoma prototype, which means that testing could take way longer than expected, and I'm sure they've factored in contingency time for testing into the schedule that they are working towards.

(I'm praying it opens for April 2020 because I've just bought a club membership so it would be really good to be able to use my pass all the way through until Rookburgh opens)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

They started their regular Klugheim updates/behind the scenes looks late August 2015, near the end of the peak summer season (presumably as not to discourage bookings for then).
So I'm living in hope the same strategy might be used; and we don't have much longer to wait.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This project is sort of like watching a dark ride being built. You get to see snippets here and there, but it eventually ends up being quite boring. That issue is elevated since it's been spread out over several years, when major coasters are usually spread out over 12-18 months (2 years pushing it for some).

Ultimately once the ride nears completion and marketing gets into full swing, we know the large majority of people are going to be drooling over this. Hopefully it's worth the wait..

Matt N

CF Legend
This project is sort of like watching a dark ride being built. You get to see snippets here and there, but it eventually ends up being quite boring. That issue is elevated since it's been spread out over several years, when major coasters are usually spread out over 12-18 months (2 years pushing it for some).

Ultimately once the ride nears completion and marketing gets into full swing, we know the large majority of people are going to be drooling over this. Hopefully it's worth the wait..
I could see this being very much like Taron/Klugheim as a construction project in that it was kind of mysterious and we didn't really know what was happening until a very short period before the area opened and all the hype developed after the area's completion.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I doubt they start testing while the site is still so messy... Since they are in no hurry, the logical thing to do would be to at least finish the basic theming surrounding the ride before it properly starts to test.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk