What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

PetskuC

Mega Poster
How many trains will it run? I hope for three but I expect two. Gotta love those throughputs.

- Awaits Lofty's response.
That was another thing they confirmed to me, Only two trains. Anssi said that they will be running both 24/7, as the ride will be so popular. If however it is a really slow day, then they will have one train ops.

b80d48cfae595bc0bc0677879a94b752.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

PetskuC

Mega Poster
(sorry for double posting)
I remember more what the two had to say.
-There will be no test-seat at the entrance, even though it looks like one would fit there. They will have a booth for an employee who checks your tickets there
-they confirmed that the fast lane will go left of the entrance, up the small slope
-Pia recomended however, that you take the stairs down the regular que, since that would be heavily themed
-they also confirmed the opening date as 18.6

Arttu

Roller Poster
(sorry for double posting)
I remember more what the two had to say.
-There will be no test-seat at the entrance, even though it looks like one would fit there. They will have a booth for an employee who checks your tickets there
-they confirmed that the fast lane will go left of the entrance, up the small slope
-Pia recomended however, that you take the stairs down the regular que, since that would be heavily themed
-they also confirmed the opening date as 18.6

Your posts are like gold now. Really big thank you for your info about Pia and Anssi meeting. They really show love and pride towards to Taiga and also towards to us , enthusiasts!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Your posts are like gold now. Really big thank you for your info about Pia and Anssi meeting. They really show love and pride towards to Taiga and also towards to us , enthusiasts!
Thanks! Yeah, they really were great. It showed that the two want to make this their star attraction, since they knew everything about it.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The pacing looks so well balanced, lots of fast transitions, but also peppered with more graceful movements (mainly the inversions) and some of the corners look really forceful. Intamin have done really well with this one, I can already see it being a favourite for alot of people.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks great. Some of those overhead shots are lovely!

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Now Linnanmäki has started international marketing also! I would say great job!
What a trailer! The soundtrack sounds great, I can't wait for this!
I saw that some footers near the second launch were colored black. This is interesting, since those footers are located near the station. I'm wondering if maybe the Que-line could go all the way over there? I don't see any reason making them a different color than grey since nobody would even see them during the ride...

Arttu

Roller Poster
Station area where is the first launch is quite under construction still so maybe they will hopefully show it on the final promotion video the whole experience. This was only a teaser yet :p

bernatc22

Mega Poster
jfciyx.png

I came across this awesome piece of marketing by accident on facebook. This same picture has also been used on Bus stop ads around Helsinki. This is going to be a long week...

This does put a smile on my face. It's often that parks market coasters incorrectly (eg. Shambhala was marketed showcasing blue intamin track instead of its teal and white B&M track, and many parks choose to display unprofiled and unrealistic renderings to market rides), so seeing Linnanmäki marketing Taiga with its exact track style, color and profiling kinda makes me happy.
Maybe it's because I got traumatized due to the horrendous jop PA did to market Shambhala, but props to Linnanmäki man

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This does put a smile on my face. It's often that parks market coasters incorrectly (eg. Shambhala was marketed showcasing blue intamin track instead of its teal and white B&M track, and many parks choose to display unprofiled and unrealistic renderings to market rides), so seeing Linnanmäki marketing Taiga with its exact track style, color and profiling kinda makes me happy.
Maybe it's because I got traumatized due to the horrendous jop PA did to market Shambhala, but props to Linnanmäki man
I'm pretty sure Shambhala was marketed using Arrow/Vekoma track, much like Galactica was.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I'm pretty sure Shambhala was marketed using Arrow/Vekoma track, much like Galactica was.

This is the one I was referring to. It was everywhere, I remember seeing some promotional posters of it in Barcelona and it is awful.

But yeah, considering how bad they marketed it, I wouldn't be surprised if they also used arrow track in some other renderings.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
View attachment 5355

This is the one I was referring to. It was everywhere, I remember seeing some promotional posters of it in Barcelona and it is awful.

But yeah, considering how bad they marketed it, I wouldn't be surprised if they also used arrow track in some other renderings.
That looks like Intamin track? That's some strange Intamin track if I've ever seen some.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I was at Linnanmäki yesterday to look at the construction. Here's some pics

Also, today I saw Taiga running at 16.48 local time. At first(april) it was only being tested from 7-13, and later from 7-15. This means, that they are testing it sooner and sooner, probably to meet the deadline of opening day.

In the pics you can see some themeing of the station, work on the gift shop, the entrance and logo and pics of the que-line
c2c31fb2cbd171abe0cd406d4659c54f.jpg
f6860a62b3a867589dee67d01b6c8432.jpg
db2aa89e47f87275ef13e58e2d5a58a2.jpg
3665232ff4e151e84fc63ca92ceb8a44.jpg
87de36309d63fe243e4cd309ec1b9448.jpg
2b03e4f2d70edb6d81efd5473a3b714d.jpg